The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Classical

Old 06-28-2014, 03:42 PM

Default Cordoba master series

This is for those who are interested in the New Cordoba series guitars. It's going to be hard to find more than one in a store at a time so I though you guys would appreciate a few comments based on playing time. The two I have been interested in are the Rodriguez and the Torres.

Went to Chicago today specifically to try one of the new Cordoba Master Series guitars. I found a store that had the Rodriguez in stock and I played it for about 45 minutes or so. Played in standard, drop D, capo on the 5th fret, and did Spanish, Romantic, Villa-lobos, Barrios, Hawaiian, Arlo Guthrie, popular melodies, etc.

So, after trying the Rodriguez, that Torres would have to be a pretty darned good guitar for me to change my thoughts. I am waiting for them to get in a Torres but the Rodriguez was good enough that I may decide to pull the trigger on it and not wait any longer.

It had a very nice tone and a very good volume as well. It resonated as if it was coming from a nice lightly hollow place--not excessive but just right to my ears. I heard some of the same qualities from listening to York's GSI videos yesterday--not saying it was that good, just saying it had some of those very good tonal qualities.
I like it.
Old 06-28-2014, 04:44 PM

I am hoping to find any of the Master series models here in the Houston area. I have not had any luck. I will probably buy one sight unseen on the net. I am interested in the Hauser and the Rodriguez. All I have to go on is the GSI videos of Tavi Jinariu playing the various models. The Rodriguez sounds so hauntingly nice and is leading the Hauser for me at this time. I dislike using recordings to choose since there are so many variables that are in play that can affect the sound of the instrument. Unfortunately, it is all I have to go on. I look forward to you having a chance to compare the different models first hand.
Martin 000-18
Ibanez AC340opn
Old 06-28-2014, 07:09 PM

I just bought the Torres, and I really love it. I know of at least three dealers who have the Torres, and I know of one dealer who has the Torres, the Hauser and the Rodriguez.

Last edited by LBrandt; 06-28-2014 at 07:47 PM.
Old 06-28-2014, 07:21 PM

the only reason i say to get the Torres

there are so many full size classical guitars out there.
if you dont like my theory then dont listen to me

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Classical