The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Classical

Old 06-11-2014, 09:12 AM

Post Anyone else play a Soloette Nylon String?

If you do what do you think of it? I find it to be a versatile instrument that does about everything you need it to do.
Old 06-11-2014, 11:07 AM

I have a Yamaha slg130n, which is about the same kind of thing and love it for practice and such. My main nylon player is the Godin acs-sa, however.
Old 06-11-2014, 03:17 PM

I have the Aria Sinsonido classical and I love it!! It's the less expensive knock-off of the Soloette practice guitar. They look nearly identical.

It is well used. I play it in the morning so I don't wake the wife, when watching TV, and when we go on road trips she drives and I work on music in the passenger seat. It is so compact I never bump into her.

I also recently bought a used Sinsonido steel string as well.
Both are great practice and travel instruments and definitely worth Having.

Last edited by ZippyChip; 06-11-2014 at 03:24 PM.
Old 06-17-2014, 10:28 AM
Charter Member

I have had my Soloette since 1997. It has traveled with me to most of the lower 48 when my job required travel. These days, I keep it at work so I can practice at lunch. The Soloette adds about 2.5-3 hours per week to my practice time.

The Soloette's sound does not completely replicate a regular guitar. I find that the sound is close enough for practice purposes.

If you plan to use it on an airplane or train, invest in good headphones, and keep a fresh battery handy. You will be able to hear over the engines.

You can plug it into an amplifier, if you like. I don't like the sound enough to do that often, but it works if you're playing outdoors and being loud enough is your first priority.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Classical