The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 07-30-2019, 10:45 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jklotz View Post
Good point. Yes, I am really enjoying my little eOM-20. It's a great little guitar! The issue I have with it for the more intricate fingerstyle pieces is the nut width and string spacing. The specs say 1 3/4" but it feels way tighter than that. I've been playing it to work up some pieces and I can make it work, but then I play a guitar with the wider spacing and all the sudden things get easier. Difficult to explain, but that's what led me to my search.
You may be looking at a CEO7. It has wide string spacing 2 5/16". I am actually thinking of selling mine because the string spacing is harder for me to adjust to between my HD-28.
Old 07-30-2019, 12:40 PM
Charter Member

You might get lucky and find either a Goodall Parlor (OO) or Grand Concert (OOO), used, within the upper limit of your price range.

I would definitely steer you towards a higher-end instrument for fingerstyle, as you will want something VERY responsive with a lighter touch. My experience is that factory-built instruments are generally a bit over-built and not nearly as responsive as one might want for more sensitive playing...

"The Cape" (Guy Clark/Jim Janowsky/Susanna Clark)

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion