The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Open Mic

Old 03-09-2024, 07:18 AM

For those of us in the USA who are on Medicare, does Medicare pay for Cataract surgery?
Old 03-09-2024, 07:55 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLRon View Post
For those of us in the USA who are on Medicare, does Medicare pay for Cataract surgery?
I didn't pay a dime. I do have part D but I have no idea if that even came into play. Ask the doctor's office, they know.

Follow The Yellow Brick Road
Old 03-10-2024, 04:57 PM

Re: "For those of us in the USA who are on Medicare, does Medicare pay for Cataract surgery?"
From the initial research I've done it does look like Medicare will pay for the surgery with the use of a monofocus lens. They don't cover the cost of a multifocus lens. For anyone that has had the surgery using Medicare and private insurance, and had a multifocus lens implanted, can you comment on the out-of-pocket costs?

thanks,
Tom
Old 03-10-2024, 05:21 PM
Charter Member

While not medicare, I think most company health plans are similar: They will cover monofocal lenses (standard lenses), but not for "advanced lenses" (multifocal, LaLs, etc). You need to get with your eyecare folks as they know the costs and coverages. Example https://www.nvisioncenters.com/catar...ance-coverage/

If you opt for "advanced lenses", often they will hook you up with CareCredit to finance the up-charge for a couple years interest free. In my case about $10K, a reasonable deal if you go that route. It is great to be able to see and the surgery is a doddle.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Open Mic