The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Open Mic

Old 09-21-2021, 07:33 AM

Loved it. The first few episodes seem the most difficult to get through, but then, it just keeps getting better. The character development is on point. My fave. And the changing and growing relationships between characters. And Stevie. She is just plain hilarious and real.

And if you didn't make it to the episode where David lives with some Amish folk...that one is worth watching. All by itself.

Funny thing...all along we knew it was a Canadian show filmed in Canada. Yeah, don't know why they kept referencing the USA. Kind of awkward now that I think about it.
Old 09-21-2021, 07:43 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirkronk View Post
I kinda know how you feel, Daniel. I certainly felt that way about The Night Shift, a military medical "drama" (it wasn't that well acted) series specifically set in San Antonio, Texas, but shot in/around Albuquerque, NM. Really? Completely different terrain and climate (rolling hill country/river valley vs. high desert), architecture, food customs (barbecue, Tex-Mex, breakfast tacos rule here), speech quirks, and many other details that the writers and producers either missed or got completely wrong. You'd think that they would at least have sprung for some B-roll of actual San Antonio streets and skyline (lots of tall buildings, and the Tower of the Americas from San Antonio's 1968 World's Fair highlights our downtown skyline like Seattle's Space Needle does theirs). But no...all outside shots were flat dry landscape, zero tall buildings, nothing resembling San Antonio at all. Annoying as all get-out.
My wife is a sucker for any hospital drama, but even she couldn't take this show for more than a handful of times.

Cheers,
Dirk
I don't guess y'all watch a lot of Gunsmoke reruns? It is almost time for MeTV
to start over at the beginning... I miss the Chester ones...

-Mike
Old 09-21-2021, 08:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hubcapsc View Post
I don't guess y'all watch a lot of Gunsmoke reruns? It is almost time for MeTV
to start over at the beginning... I miss the Chester ones...

-Mike
Not sure how Dodge City looked 100+ years ago, Mike, but knowing how my town looks today and seeing something totally different on the screen? Yeah, that's kind of annoying.

BTW, I like the Chester ones too. But I'm more of a Perry Mason guy myself. MeTV is in season 2 in the mornings and season 8 at night. I like the early ones better.

Dirk

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Open Mic