The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Show and Tell

Old 08-20-2021, 04:52 AM
Charter Member

Thanks Glenn, Bob, and Mr. Paul. Iím not terribly impressed with my version, but just happy to get a somewhat clean recording of this song. There are about a half dozen places where the vocal has really tripped me up in the past and one or two of them would screw me up every time through it. And itís full of Bm chords that have given me fits in the past too - Iíd usually manage to blow that transition a time or two each time through as well. Iím sure Iíll keep playing it and if I ever manage a better version, maybe Iíll update the fileÖ

-Ray

I love my guitars, no matter what they cost - I play them all with great pleasure and ineptitude. - Deliberate1
Old 08-20-2021, 01:19 PM
Charter Member

After doing that fairly difficult Lost in the Flood last night, I was still in a Bruce mood this morning. This is one of the easiest songs to play, IF you can keep from breaking down while playing it - I find it incredibly emotional and sad and have had a hard time getting through it at times. But anyway, I liked it enough to share. And now I'm gonna go away from this thread - I've put up way too much stuff here already.

-Ray

I love my guitars, no matter what they cost - I play them all with great pleasure and ineptitude. - Deliberate1
Old 08-21-2021, 03:31 AM

Default the river

hi folks,

it could be that my old eyes didn't remark it, but I missed that wonderful song, which reminds me so strong on my youth.
https://soundcloud.com/guitarchie-1/.../s-nAWPq7Yxvw8
hope you'll enjoy

all the best

guitarchie
Old 08-21-2021, 08:00 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by guitarchie View Post
hi folks,

it could be that my old eyes didn't remark it, but I missed that wonderful song, which reminds me so strong on my youth.
hope you'll enjoy

all the best

guitarchie
Nice! The picking kind of gives it almost an Irish feel, and it really fits. Wouldn't have thought of that...

-Ray

Old 08-22-2021, 06:52 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by raysachs View Post
After doing that fairly difficult Lost in the Flood last night, I was still in a Bruce mood this morning. This is one of the easiest songs to play, IF you can keep from breaking down while playing it - I find it incredibly emotional and sad and have had a hard time getting through it at times. But anyway, I liked it enough to share. And now I'm gonna go away from this thread - I've put up way too much stuff here already.

-Ray

Very tasty playing on this one, Ray! Donít stop, it inspires others to learn new songs!
Old 08-22-2021, 06:54 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by guitarchie View Post
hi folks,

hope you'll enjoy

all the best

guitarchie
Nice picking, guitararchie! What an iconic song, it marked a turning point for Bruce in my mind. Glad to have your contribution!

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Show and Tell