The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 05-18-2021, 08:51 AM

Default Evolve 50 vs Evolve 30M?

Which would you recommend for a solo acoustic gig? I can get either for a little over $1K. I use a drum pedal with my act so I like a nice punchy bass. The 30M has more features, but I've heard the effects aren't great so I might not use them anyway. I do prefer things simple. The 50 has a larger sub, but larger also means heavier. I think they are both the same power output?volume, but the 50 has larger/more drivers, so probably with the larger sub and larger drivers, has better overall sound. The 30M soes have more available channels, but I only need 2 (one for mic, one for guitar) and I can use the aux in for my drum pedal.

So which would you get?
Old 05-21-2021, 10:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackB1 View Post
Which would you recommend for a solo acoustic gig? I can get either for a little over $1K. I use a drum pedal with my act so I like a nice punchy bass. The 30M has more features, but I've heard the effects aren't great so I might not use them anyway. I do prefer things simple. The 50 has a larger sub, but larger also means heavier. I think they are both the same power output?volume, but the 50 has larger/more drivers, so probably with the larger sub and larger drivers, has better overall sound. The 30M soes have more available channels, but I only need 2 (one for mic, one for guitar) and I can use the aux in for my drum pedal.

So which would you get?
If I were going to pick I'd go with the 30M. It's lighter by about 13lbs. If you're gigging a lot, the lighter/simpler the better IMO.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification