The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 11-26-2023, 12:49 PM

Default Eastman E2D vs Furch Blue D-CM

I was curious how both of these compare. The eastman is almost half the price of the Furch and both are all solid wood, cedar top, mahogany/sapele back and sides. Is the Furch worth the extra money?

Generally, how well do eastman compare to Furch?
Old 11-26-2023, 03:20 PM
Charter Member

All is I know is the E2D. A solid dread. Good volume, and warm tone.

Old 11-28-2023, 02:41 AM

Used to be a huge fan of Eastmans until they acquired Bourgeois and started using their finishes and bolt on necks. Lost most of the "undertones" that made people used to compare Eastmans to Martin's. Now they sound more like balanced Taylors in my opinion. I say this as an owner of a 2022 E2D. I don't enjoy it as much as my 2018 E2D which is Sapele over Sapele. Although the tonewoods are different, I can hear the differences in the depth of tone.
Old 11-28-2023, 11:10 AM
Charter Member

Never played an Eastman that I thought sounded much like a Martin, have always thought they were ore Taylory or Collingsy.

Bourgeois DR-A / Bowerman "Working Man's" OM / Martin Custom D-18 (adi & flame) / Martin OM-21 / Northwood M70 MJ / 1970s Sigma DR-7 / Eastman E6D / Flatiron Signature A5 / Silverangel Econo A
(Call me Dan)
Old 11-28-2023, 12:52 PM

I think they are both decent instruments and they both have bolt on necks. Eastman does still use the dove tail connection on its traditional series instruments. Eastman does respond to your emails. I once asked Furch a question but got no response. I play lefty and both brands only offer certain instruments for lefties. That's why I buy American. The big three will build any of their lineup for me.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Tags
eastman, furch