The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber

Old 05-07-2005, 02:44 PM

Default Anybody play the new Rainsong?

I see where Rainsong has introduced a cheaper all-graphite OM guitar with a 1-3/4" nut. I love my CA Bluegrass Performer for its playability and sound but esp. as it's maintainance free here in dry dry Colorado. I would love to get an OM companion to it for fingerstyle, this looks like just the ticket. Just curious as to anyone's thoughts/impressions. -Santos

http://rainsong.com/models/aws1000.asp
Old 05-07-2005, 07:52 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SantosL.Halper
I see where Rainsong has introduced a cheaper all-graphite OM guitar with a 1-3/4" nut. I love my CA Bluegrass Performer for its playability and sound but esp. as it's maintainance free here in dry dry Colorado. I would love to get an OM companion to it for fingerstyle, this looks like just the ticket. Just curious as to anyone's thoughts/impressions. -Santos

It looks like a good guitar, but I can't stand the fire engine red! Does it come in black?
Old 05-07-2005, 11:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SantosL.Halper

I havent played the new one.The real graphite rainsongs are to die for!
Old 05-07-2005, 11:40 PM

Location: Not where I thought I was going, but probably where I need to be.

The Rainsongs I have had a chance to play were impressive....for a synthetic material guitar. Still much prefer wood, but thats my ear. The Rainsongs had nice volume, decent balance..but just not my cup or tea for overall tone.
Also seemed a bit on the expensive side to me.

"Use what talents you possess; the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except those that sang best."
Henry Van Dyke

"It is in the world of slow time that truth and art are found as one"
Norman Maclean,
Old 05-08-2005, 03:10 AM
Rocket Scientist

Just downloaded the price list available on the Rainsong site, it indicates that these guitars can be had in red, blue or black color.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber