The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 05-29-2023, 01:32 PM
Guest 61722

Default I don't want to say "life changing"

But I will definitely say game changing. The HD-28 is a game changer. Full stop. I may have to quit my day job (again). I am pretty much useless from here on out for anything besides guitar playing. :-)

And it's only Day 2.
Old 05-29-2023, 01:36 PM
Charter Member

Well, hopefully over time, you'll get accustomed to it.

That is wonderful that you are so pleased with that new HD-28. And I can see why you are. Those are terrific values and beautiful guitars!

Have fun!

- Glenn
Old 05-29-2023, 01:40 PM

I am usually 'out of action' to the rest of the world when I get a new guitar...and lately they have all been Martin's.

Bought a 00-18 yesterday and I barely slept last night... Never got to play short scale before and it is fun being able to easily grab E-flat with my pinky doing Doc Watson riffs.

Got up early this AM to keep going...I am just now crashing from fatigue.Like a kid on Xmas morning. I can think of worse obsessions...

and Martin guitars just rule, huh?

congratulations
Old 05-29-2023, 01:48 PM
Guest 61722

Quote:
Originally Posted by baseball View Post
I am usually 'out of action' to the rest of the world when I get a new guitar...and lately they have all been Martin's.

Bought a 00-18 yesterday and I barely slept last night... Never got to play short scale before and it is fun being able to easily grab E-flat with my pinky doing Doc Watson riffs.

Got up early this AM to keep going...I am just now crashing from fatigue.Like a kid on Xmas morning. I can think of worse obsessions...

and Martin guitars just rule, huh?

congratulations
They certainly rule my little corner of the universe. I drank all the Martin kool-aid, that's for sure. I stayed up late playing yesterday and got up at dawn to keep going as well. I learned an easy version of "Find the Cost of Freedom" after I suggested it as a good song for Memorial Day. Then I moved on to Glenn Campbell's version of "Break My Mind."

Life is certainly very good. :-)
Old 05-29-2023, 01:52 PM
Guest 61722

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glennwillow View Post
Well, hopefully over time, you'll get accustomed to it.

That is wonderful that you are so pleased with that new HD-28. And I can see why you are. Those are terrific values and beautiful guitars!

Have fun!

- Glenn
It's very similar to being in love. You just have a smile on your face all the time, and are pleasantly distracted all the time thinking about your sweetie. It's so easy to play, I can hardly set it down.
Old 05-29-2023, 01:55 PM
Charter Member

I think you DO want to say "life changing" but you're afraid it'll make you sound crazy. But go ahead, we're solid enablers around here. What's more, a lot of us can relate to that level of insanity (the good kind)...

Glad you're digging it. My shoulders hate dreads anymore, but I used to play them and I get their charms...

-Ray
Old 05-29-2023, 02:02 PM

Ha! That's now my favorite NGD reaction. I need a new Martin so I can quit my job too! Viva la guitara!
Old 05-29-2023, 02:21 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
First Base - 2022 Martin HD28
Second Base - 2021 Martin 000-18
Third Base
Pitcher
Catcher
R Field - 1994ish Sigma DM-4
C Field
L Field - 2023 Yamaha FG800
Short Stop
wouldn't that HD28 be the closer....
closers " seal the deal "
Old 05-29-2023, 02:30 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by martingitdave View Post
Ha! That's now my favorite NGD reaction. I need a new Martin so I can quit my job too! Viva la guitara!
Is that a thing? No one told me that's a thing. Hmmm....???? This could be a win-win for me.

Last edited by Zissou Intern; 05-29-2023 at 02:36 PM.
Old 05-29-2023, 02:31 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by janinep7 View Post
They certainly rule my little corner of the universe. I drank all the Martin kool-aid, that's for sure. I stayed up late playing yesterday and got up at dawn to keep going as well. I learned an easy version of "Find the Cost of Freedom" after I suggested it as a good song for Memorial Day. Then I moved on to Glenn Campbell's version of "Break My Mind."

Life is certainly very good. :-)
Janine! Janine! Janine! "Break My Mind" Break My Mind, Oh Lord, cuz if you leave you're gonna leave a babblin' fool behind! George Hamilton IV had a hit with this song in 1967 and I loved it then and I do it now. I thought I was the only one in the Universe who remembered this tune until one Saturday morning about ten years ago I was in my favorite local guitar shop and I played the opening arpeggio and two chord-intro just as another customer walked into the room. He turned, hesitated for a moment, and said "Break My Mind" and I said. "I thought I was the only one who knew it!" He said, "Good songs are remembered!" Janine, thanks for blowing my mind on this Sunday afternoon and I'm so happy you're enjoying your new Martin HD-28!

Ovation Custom Legend LX
Guild F-212XL STD
Huss & Dalton TD-R
Taylor 717e
Taylor 618e
Taylor 614ce
Larrivee D-50M/HiFi
Larrivee D-40R Blue Grass Special/HiFi
Larrivee D-40R Sunburst
Larrivee C-03R TE/Trance M-VT Phantom
RainSong BI-DR1000N2
Emerald X20
Yamaha FGX5
Republic Duolian/Schatten NR-2

Last edited by SpruceTop; 05-29-2023 at 02:40 PM.
Old 05-29-2023, 02:32 PM

Glad you found the guitar that makes you feel like that. I've gone through a TON of guitars over the last thirty couple years, and my recently acquired Guild D-40E is making me feel like that. Everything is different now, in a very good way .
1987 Peavey Patriot bass
Old 05-29-2023, 03:09 PM
Guest 61722

Quote:
Originally Posted by docwatsonfan View Post
wouldn't that HD28 be the closer....
closers " seal the deal "
This just the current lineup; a work in progress. I don't have a full team under contract yet. Not sure what the batting order is going to be. But the HD-28 could very well end up being my "Mr. October." I (heart) the old time Oakland A's. Go Reggie Jackson!!!
Old 05-29-2023, 03:10 PM
Guest 61722

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aahzz View Post
Glad you found the guitar that makes you feel like that. I've gone through a TON of guitars over the last thirty couple years, and my recently acquired Guild D-40E is making me feel like that. Everything is different now, in a very good way .
Yes. Couldn't have said it better. Very different. I even feel different when I play it as opposed to how I feel when I play the 000-18. (Untouched since yesterday, I confess.) I do love that guitar and remember feeling very giddy when I got it, but this is different. Very different.
Old 05-29-2023, 03:11 PM
Guest 61722

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zissou Intern View Post
Is that a thing? No one told me that's a thing. Hmmm....???? This could be a win-win for me.
It's a thing now. I just invented it. Go ahead, give your notice and get on the HD-28 bus with the rest of us.
Old 05-29-2023, 03:13 PM
Charter Member

You’re young and you got your health….whatcha want with a job for? Kidding…. I had my Taylor Dan Crary refretted and set up correctly…popped some Elixir Bluegrass strings on it and WOW! It’s amazing…I’m sure much like your Martin. Something about a big full rosewood dread. Enjoy it!!

2020 Brad Goodman J185
1992 Taylor (DCSM)Dan Crary Signature Model

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion