The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 06-21-2018, 01:42 PM
Charter Member

I appreciate the many thoughtful responses. To those who would want full disclosure, think about this. Say you are in business for a decade or two. You have a well earned reputation. Would you want to be trashed by some yahoo (me) that has no direct interest in this affair? Do you really see the world in black and white? I would love to get the two parties in a room, not a court, and hear both sides.

I have really only heard one side, albet from someone I know as honest and truthful, but how does one build any business by not being honest and truthful? And after building a large number of instruments purportedly have had less than a handful of issues. This issue could be resolved. The owner could accept the guitar for what it is, the builder could replace it, or somewhere in between. Until the builder refuses to do anything in writing, and washes his hands of the matter, discretion is in order.

I was in business. I took financial hits because ethically it was the right thing to do. I know the pain. I've had to return product due to minor flaws that would have been caused in a normal day's use. I can assure you the grey areas are deep and wide.

Thank you to those who have supported my view in this.
2011 Santa Cruz D P/W
Pono OP 30 D parlor
Pono OP12-30
Pono MT uke
Goldtone Paul Beard squareneck resophonic
Fluke tenor ukulele
Boatload of home rolled telecasters

"Shut up and play ur guitar" Frank Zappa
Old 06-21-2018, 01:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Br1ck View Post
I appreciate the many thoughtful responses. To those who would want full disclosure, think about this. Say you are in business for a decade or two. You have a well earned reputation. Would you want to be trashed by some yahoo (me) that has no direct interest in this affair? Do you really see the world in black and white? I would love to get the two parties in a room, not a court, and hear both sides.

I have really only heard one side, albet from someone I know as honest and truthful, but how does one build any business by not being honest and truthful? And after building a large number of instruments purportedly have had less than a handful of issues. This issue could be resolved. The owner could accept the guitar for what it is, the builder could replace it, or somewhere in between. Until the builder refuses to do anything in writing, and washes his hands of the matter, discretion is in order.

I was in business. I took financial hits because ethically it was the right thing to do. I know the pain. I've had to return product due to minor flaws that would have been caused in a normal day's use. I can assure you the grey areas are deep and wide.

Thank you to those who have supported my view in this.
It seems to me, that the dealer is messing this up because the dealer hasn't made the sale when the guitar is returned to the manufacturer. If anything, your friend should be reimbursed by the dealer, and the dealer returns the guitar... everything is then at square one.
Old 06-22-2018, 01:43 PM
Charter Member

I have a significant correction to the facts as I know and have stated them. The thirty days was the length of time from purchase to the guitar being shipped back to the manufacturer. The buyer noticed the problem 7-10 days from taking delivery, when he signed up for a Peghead Nation fingerstyle class and was using a capo while learning Here Comes the Sun.

Sorry for the misinformation. The problem was discovered much sooner than I originally thought.
2011 Santa Cruz D P/W
Pono OP 30 D parlor
Pono OP12-30
Pono MT uke
Goldtone Paul Beard squareneck resophonic
Fluke tenor ukulele
Boatload of home rolled telecasters

"Shut up and play ur guitar" Frank Zappa

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion