The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 11-01-2000, 02:08 AM

Exclamation Jumbo Bass

As much as I like the looks of Maple I have been disappointed in their relatively bright, bass short sound. This last week I played an exception, a 2000 615 (no C, no E). This guitar had a much fuller sound than the 614s I had tried while retaining the top end presence. I found myself thinking about a 615 with a wide neck.

I must have read the part about how the 655's jumbo body balances the brightness typical of a 12 string a hundred time. It just never occured to me this would be the case for a 6 string too.

One of the most beautiful Taylors I have ever seen was on the Factory tour. As we were passing final assembly they pulled out a blonde 614 (with rosewood binding and AAA maple) that was to be the personal instrument of one of their area reps. Oh boy, what a guitar.

------------------
George Wilson
Old 11-06-2000, 07:29 AM

George,
I own a 615ce and I agree. The tonal balance of the 600 series is incredible, especially the jumbo body style.

I've only had my 615ce for about a month but in that time I've been able to play other Taylors (514ce, 714ce, 910braz) and the only one that comes close is the 910braz.

They are truly incredible guitars.

[This message has been edited by ckgdrums (edited 11-06-2000).]

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification