The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 01-12-2019, 12:21 PM

Thank you Inyo!
Old 02-26-2019, 08:25 PM

Default Inyo can you help me some more

Inyo can you help again!

I'm trying to post photos but I'm still missing something.

Here is another guitar photo up on Flickr:

https://flic.kr/p/RbwjvH

I'd like to embed it into a post. I understand that this link points to multiple photos.

You gave me the following instructions:

1) Choose your image.
2) Hit the down-facing arrow at lower right.
3) Pick image size.
4) Right click on the image and use the Copy Image Address.
5) Paste that URL into the AGF Insert Image function.

So I'm looking at my Image (in flickr). I see the down-facing arrow at lower right. When I click on it and select an image size it simply downloads the image to my Mac. If I right-click on the arrow it does not give me a "Copy Image Address" option. Just a Copy Link link option.

What am I doing wrong? I'm sure when I understand it I'll find it is a "hit head with hand" sort of an error.
Old 02-27-2019, 03:49 PM

Default Never mind someone showed me how to get photo posting to work from flickr

Hi there no need to respond, someone showed me what I was doing wrong.

I will document the answer here in case someone else needs it.

This is for photos posted on flickr. And my computer is a Mac.

1. Go to flickr and look at your photo on photo stream or in your camera roll (or in an album).
2. Double click on the thumbnail. If you see "View on photo page" at the bottom right, click on that.
3. Now you should see three icons at the lower right:

- A pencil in a square. This is for editing/deleting the photo.
- An arrow pointing to the right. This is for sharing images.
- An arrow pointing down. This is for downloading images.

4. Click on the arrow pointing to the RIGHT (for sharing).
5. You should now see a box with four options at the top "Share" ,"Embed", "Email", "BBCode".
6. Select the one for BBCode.
7. Now select a size in the drop down. It was suggested to me to use a size of 786x1024 or smaller when posting here.
8. Now copy the link that is in the dialog box. Paste it in to your post. It will be a LONG link. You don't need all that stuff. Just delete everything before the[img] tag and everything after the [/img] tag.

That should work!

I'm sure there are way easier ways to do this. But this is what I was able to get to work. The method suggested to me earlier in this thread does not work on my computer (or at least I could not make it work).

Last edited by RyanR; 02-27-2019 at 03:56 PM.
Old 03-02-2019, 06:47 AM

Default Imgbox, GIMP, Batch Smart Resize Script

Imgbox has cleaned up their bugs and it works great. I wonder what their business model will be... Hopefully not the Photobucket story repeated.

I find 800 pixels wide is a good format for posting to the AGF and I recently posted 100s of guitar factory pictures. Imgbox gives you a configurable thumbnail with every picture you upload. I set it to 350 pixels wide and to retain the aspect ratio which is a useful size for posting to the AGF.

To get large numbers of pictures into 800 wide I wanted a script that could run automatically in a photo editor for no out of pocket cost. GIMP works well once you figure out how to navigate its complex feature rich menus (similar to full blown Photoshop).

I installed this script and it works great! You can resize a directory full of pictures after setting a few parameters.

https://github.com/easytechguides/batch-smart-resize
IR Demo, read the description too: https://youtu.be/SELEE4yugjE
My duo's website and my email... [email protected]

Jon Fields
Old 03-02-2019, 11:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanR View Post

I'm trying to post photos but I'm still missing something.

Here is another guitar photo up on Flickr:

https://flic.kr/p/RbwjvH

I'd like to embed it into a post. I understand that this link points to multiple photos.

You gave me the following instructions:

1) Choose your image.
2) Hit the down-facing arrow at lower right.
3) Pick image size.
4) Right click on the image and use the Copy Image Address.
5) Paste that URL into the AGF Insert Image function.

So I'm looking at my Image (in flickr). I see the down-facing arrow at lower right. When I click on it and select an image size it simply downloads the image to my Mac. If I right-click on the arrow it does not give me a "Copy Image Address" option. Just a Copy Link link option.
Once you have the sized image on screen, that's when you right click for the image URL. Try that "Copy Link" option for a possible favorable workaround.

Anyhow, in a PC, if there's no Copy Image Address after right clicking, you can also use the Properties function. That will bring up the image address, as well.

Thus, your image https://flic.kr/p/RbwjvH embedded by copying the image address (https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7894/...b3f931c6_b.jpg) through the Properties function, accessed by right clicking on the sized image:

Last edited by Inyo; 03-02-2019 at 11:48 AM.
Old 03-10-2019, 08:38 PM

Default Posting pictures

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerbie View Post
There are three ways to post pictures here, depending on where the source picture resides. If it is on your mobile device, the AGF APP is very easy to use and works well with both Apple and Android systems. The AGF app is built on the Tapatalk application. Because of a recent change in their app structure, the AGF app now requires charter membership to post pictures. Nonmembers can still post pictures here for free using the Tapatalk app.

If your pictures are at a third-party host, see this thread. Many people are no longer using Photobucket because of the price increase, but there are many others available.

The AGF appreciates the financial support of its members. One of the most valuable benefits members receive is the ability to upload pictures directly from one's computer. These directions are in the FAQs... click HERE.

Charter members may post their pictures as attachments by...

1. Ensure file is jpg or jpeg, no larger than 600x600, and 1MB (the system will automatically resize larger images in some, but not all, cases)

2. Click on the paperclip icon

3. Click on "Choose File." Browse to the location of the file on your computer, hit "Open," and then hit "Upload"

4. Click the "Close this window" text

5. Click the paperclip icon again and click on the attachment that shows in the drop down menu. This will insert the image inline

To manage your attachments go to User Control Panel--Miscellaneous--Attachments. The attachment system also works with mobile browsers, if one prefers not to use the AGF app.
So I can't post pictures if I'm not a charter member? I don't see an "add attachment" or paper-clip icon anywhere. A NGD post without pictures is really incomplete, is it not? Or is there a way for non-charter-members to post pictures?
Old 03-11-2019, 02:40 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by welshr View Post
So I can't post pictures if I'm not a charter member? I don't see an "add attachment" or paper-clip icon anywhere. A NGD post without pictures is really incomplete, is it not? Or is there a way for non-charter-members to post pictures?
Of course, you can. You just cannot post them directly from your computer and that's why you don't see the paper clip icon. If you are not a member, you may post them using the Tapatalk app or through a third-party host.

As you quoted, there are three ways to post pictures here. The only method that is NOT available to registered users is posting directly from your computer. So, try one of the other two. PM me if you have trouble.
Old 04-03-2019, 02:41 PM

Yes, I couldn't see one either.
Old 04-03-2019, 03:54 PM

I only have iPad and an iPhone, I’m also a charter member. Can I post pictures? Be kind I’m old and dumb.
Old 04-03-2019, 04:18 PM
Anticipation Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by LyleGorch View Post
I only have iPad and an iPhone, I’m also a charter member. Can I post pictures? Be kind I’m old and dumb.
Hi Lyle. As a Charter Member, yes you can. Each time you select to post, if you scroll down below the text box, you’ll see a “Manage attachments” button. Clicking on it will take you to a new screen where you will be able to upload photos from your devices to the AGF server. Alternatively, though I haven’t done it myself, apparently posting pics from the AGF Tapatalk app is even easier. More info on doing that here: https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/...d.php?t=474992
Old 04-03-2019, 04:54 PM

Acousticado, many thanks.
Old 05-01-2019, 08:52 PM

Default Photos on the app

Good evening,

I noticed that some ads on the AGF For Sale forum feature a picture when you are browsing the ads and some don't.

How do some folks get a picture to show up on the list of for sale items?

Thanks!
Old 05-02-2019, 05:58 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kohara View Post
I noticed that some ads on the AGF For Sale forum feature a picture when you are browsing the ads and some don't.

How do some folks get a picture to show up on the list of for sale items?
Kohara,

Depending on how photos are posted into sale threads, some are viewable on the AGF app and some are not. I believe most are visible, but we have seen some that are not.

If you're asking a more general question about how to post pictures on the AGF, please go back and read the first post in this thread. There are several ways to post pics and that post reviews them all.

If you still have a question, post here or feel free to PM me.
Old 05-03-2019, 10:15 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerbie View Post
There are three ways to post pictures here, depending on where the source picture resides. If it is on your mobile device, the AGF APP is very easy to use and works well with both Apple and Android systems. The AGF app is built on the Tapatalk application. Because of a recent change in their app structure, the AGF app now requires charter membership to post pictures. Nonmembers can still post pictures here for free using the Tapatalk app.

If your pictures are at a third-party host, see this thread. Many people are no longer using Photobucket because of the price increase, but there are many others available.

The AGF appreciates the financial support of its members. One of the most valuable benefits members receive is the ability to upload pictures directly from one's computer. These directions are in the FAQs... click HERE.

Charter members may post their pictures as attachments by...

1. Ensure file is jpg or jpeg, no larger than 600x600, and 1MB (the system will automatically resize larger images in some, but not all, cases)

2. Click on the paperclip icon

3. Click on "Choose File." Browse to the location of the file on your computer, hit "Open," and then hit "Upload"

4. Click the "Close this window" text

5. Click the paperclip icon again and click on the attachment that shows in the drop down menu. This will insert the image inline

To manage your attachments go to User Control Panel--Miscellaneous--Attachments. The attachment system also works with mobile browsers, if one prefers not to use the AGF app.
Hi Kerbie,
I'm hoping to post several pictures using my IPad of two different guitars in the same classified "new" thread I plan on writing. I just uploaded the AGF app to try and make it easy to post photos and it seems the only way I can get to where I need to be to do this (AGF CLASSIFIED-GUITARS "New Thread") is by going to the Web View option which puts me back into where I normally go to when I google AGF. Anyway, it looks like I'm only allowed 3 pics when I click on the attachment (paperclip) icon and it also says "(simultaneous uploads within the same post are not compatible with iOS devices, use the Taptalk app in those cases)"...what does that mean? I'm really confused with this. I've purchased two great guitars from the classified section in the past and ready to now sell two other great ones as well as a couple more in the future, but the photo hurdle has me stumped. I've easily posted photos on Craigslist and kinda handy with sharing videos and photos there and with emails, so I must be missing something (probably simple here. Would appreciate some extra guidance.
Thank you
Old 05-04-2019, 04:13 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brushwood View Post
Would appreciate some extra guidance.
Thank you
Brushwood... PM sent.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion