The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber

Old 11-11-2018, 08:06 PM

Default Underestimated Journey RT660?

Rainsong and Emerald are protagonists of this Forum, followed at short distance by Composite Acoustics and Blackbird. all great instruments for sure, I had many Rainsong, Emerald and CA in the past. But there is a great carbon fiber guitar that I believe is a bit underestimated: the Journey RT 660. This is the bigger body model, with non collapsible neck. It can still be considered a travel guitar, but I have one and in my personal opinion it is competitive with the best Rainsong, Emerald etc... Its scale is 24.5, just a tiny bit shorter than a Rainsong Shorty, the sound in my personal opinion is amazing: great bass and super clean trebles. Loud and warm. And, cherry on the cake, its price is $1200.00 and that includes a killer gig bag. I am not affiliated with Journey at all, I am just a player who loves this guitar and I wonder which is the opinion of other forum members that own one !
Old 11-11-2018, 09:26 PM
Charter Member

I don't own one, but I've played the RT - it is a nice guitar, especially for the price.

Journey CF guitars have certainly been discussed here, but I haven't seen posts recently. Feel free to post some photos and sound clips to show it off.
Old 11-12-2018, 01:52 AM

I played it a lot at NAMM and really liked it..felt great when I was playing it.
McPherson: Early Kevin Michael Proto
Some wood things by Epi, Harmony, Takamine, Good Time, PRS, Slick, Gypsy Music, keyboards, wind controllers.. etc
Old 11-12-2018, 07:42 AM
Charter Member

I've never played one but I've owned two OF660's now and I thought that the RT660 would surely be a great choice for someone that wanted a smaller CF guitar but didn't need/want the collapsible neck.
Old 11-12-2018, 07:52 AM
Charter Member

I see there is one for sale right now on the Classifieds here.
Old 11-12-2018, 12:52 PM
Guest 928

Journey has been very exacting in its quality control and creative in its travel guitars. I have come to the conclusion that all the makers are putting out quality instruments and that judgments regarding the best CF instrument tend to come down to personal inclinations. Emerald has served my needs best, but I would not want to say that Emerald is better than Blackbird, or Rainsong--They differ, but not in terms of quality.
Old 11-12-2018, 03:09 PM

I haven't had a chance to check out one of their CF options (OF660 or RT660), but I can say that my OF420B (Sitka/Pau Ferro) continually impresses me with its playability, volume, and tone. It does not take a backseat to my Martin 000-15 custom in any of those characteristics.
Old 11-12-2018, 03:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsman View Post
I haven't had a chance to check out one of their CF options (OF660 or RT660), but I can say that my OF420B (Sitka/Pau Ferro) continually impresses me with its playability, volume, and tone. It does not take a backseat to my Martin 000-15 custom in any of those characteristics.
Yes there wood guitars are really nice as well.
McPherson: Early Kevin Michael Proto
Some wood things by Epi, Harmony, Takamine, Good Time, PRS, Slick, Gypsy Music, keyboards, wind controllers.. etc

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber