The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber

Old 10-31-2018, 05:59 PM

This may be the ultimate Level 3 compliment.
https://touchinnovations.com/elite/
Breedlove Blond Jumbo
Yamaha Silent Steel String
Old 11-01-2018, 05:23 PM

I just sent an email trying to change my order again from level 2 to level 3, lol.

You guys are killing my wallet. Now I'll have to find an affordable Roland gr 55. At least I won't have to buy an amp anymore...
Old 11-01-2018, 05:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuttyprof View Post
I just sent an email trying to change my order again from level 2 to level 3, lol.

You guys are killing my wallet. Now I'll have to find an affordable Roland gr 55. At least I won't have to buy an amp anymore...

I guess you were sold after viewing the video. I would have done the same [emoji16]. It’s a cheap upgrade and makes the guitar more valuable and saleable!!!
Emerald X20
Rainsong H-OM1000N2
Voyage-Air VAD-04
Custom Les Paul
Hot Rod Deville 410, Fishman Loudbox Performer
Old 11-01-2018, 07:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuttyprof View Post

Nice play!!
McPherson: Early Kevin Michael Proto
Some wood things by Epi, Harmony, Takamine, Good Time, PRS, Slick, Gypsy Music, keyboards, wind controllers.. etc
Old 11-01-2018, 07:47 PM

Doing some nice finger picking and then having a string section come in is sooo sweet...and mixing in some cool bass whilst doing some lead is too much fun.... you have been warned... just sayin'.
Some wood things by Epi, Harmony, Takamine, Good Time, PRS, Slick, Gypsy Music, keyboards, wind controllers.. etc
Old 11-02-2018, 09:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kramster View Post
Nice play!!
I heard back that my guitar is actually finished... I have never been more disappointed...ironic isn't it?

In in talks with emerald to upgrade it despite being done. I'll have to wait another month for the parts to come in though. Blah... More waiting.
I am hoping they will allow me to do it without a major up charge, perhaps only a minor one.
Old 12-02-2018, 09:25 AM

I wonder how many amps he's using on this demo.
Breedlove Blond Jumbo
Yamaha Silent Steel String
Old 12-03-2018, 04:42 AM

I still didn't get a GR55 to play with the midi...I guy has one for me to buy ...but quite the drive too get it...sigh...and he doesn't come to town often
Old 12-03-2018, 07:13 AM
Charter Member

When the X10 came out, the midi sounded interesting, however, when I asked Graphtec customer service about the Emerald Midi thing, they said it doesn't actually do midi. It's an analog output and you need an analog-to-midi converter.

They indicated that the only option was the $699 Roland GR-55.

It's nice that the X10 does a little bit of everything, but it doesn't do any of it... electric, MIDI, or acoustic as well as a dedicated-for-the-job instrument.

Personally, I would opt for something like this for MIDI/Electric... https://www.rorguitars.com/products/expressiv-midi-pro ...and have a nice acoustic for that purpose.

That's two guitars instead of one, but you get much broader and targeted capabilities.
Old 12-03-2018, 10:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strumalot View Post
, I would opt for something like this for MIDI/Electric... https://www.rorguitars.com/products/expressiv-midi-pro .
I think I saw those at NAMM last year

Old 03-02-2019, 11:58 AM

Default I think I "need" one....

Hi, all--

This is actually my first post in the forum--after lurking for a while, I finally registered in order to make it.

Wow. The X10 is definitely on my radar now, and absolutely with the level 3 pickup system.

I think, though, my first CF guitar will be this little Rainsong parlor, used, that I've been eyeing (I can actually buy it now, even though it will set back the saving for an Emerald--which now will be an X10 instead of an X7). I'm trying to talk myself into a Journey Road Trip instead (also used), because it's less expensive and because the deliberate ergonomic features are appealing in theory--but I'm absolutely loving the videos I've seen of the RS parlor, and that's not true of the RT (or at least, not as much). Emeralds of any stripe are out of reach, for now, unless blind luck strikes before I pull the trigger on the RS.

Edit: I waited too long on the RS. Bad words, bad words, bad words.

Last edited by MayaTambien; 03-02-2019 at 01:56 PM.
Old 03-02-2019, 12:21 PM
Charter Member

Welcome to the Forum Maya...can't go wrong with any of those choices !
Old 03-02-2019, 12:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdinco View Post
Welcome to the Forum Maya...can't go wrong with any of those choices !
+1 on above response

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber