The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 07-17-2016, 06:54 PM

I'm extremely impressed with my E20OM... well, with both of them. I am selling one, but one is definitely a keeper. I bought two on the used market to see if I could assess any quality control issues, of which I've heard there are some. But, on these two, both are of virtually identical build quality, tone, playability, etc... Zero quality issues I can find!

Thoughts and sound clips are available at the thread below. But, suffice it to say that I plan to do a bit of upgrading on the keeper in the form of a K&K Pure Mini, bone nut/saddle, setup, and possibly ebony pins.

An Eastman mandolin sounds like an intriguing prospect...

Comparison Thread Here

Cheers!
Old 07-17-2016, 07:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by themissal View Post
Here is my E20ss, next to its Gibson J50 Brother. The burst is one of the best I have ever scene on any guitar, regardless of makers, and although it looks like a J45, it sounds more like a Martin D35 to me. Really nice guitar:

What strings do you like on your E20SS?

http://www.reverbnation.com/museric?...eader_icon_nav

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxt...-_xka6GsUr9v4Q

https://soundcloud.com/museric-1

Breedlove American C25/SSe
Delgado Candelas Jumbo
Eastman AC420
Eastman E10D
Eastman E10SS
Fender (MIM) Stratocaster
Old 07-17-2016, 07:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gruuv View Post
I'm extremely impressed with my E20OM... well, with both of them. I am selling one, but one is definitely a keeper.
Great photos. I was quite impressed with the E20OM I played, but the E10OM won for my ears. I'm curious about this statement:
Quote:
But, suffice it to say that I plan to do a bit of upgrading on the keeper in the form of a K&K Pure Mini, bone nut/saddle, setup, and possibly ebony pins.

Are you unhappy with the quality of the bone nut/saddle and ebony pins that come stock on these?
Old 07-18-2016, 12:44 AM
AGF Sponsor

I wish I had time to take and post some pics, but alas.....

I own an E-20SS that I bought used and very clean from a good friend. I am now figuring out how to distract my wife long enough to sneak an E-20D in the back door.

sm
Old 07-18-2016, 03:22 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by earri View Post
What strings do you like on your E20SS?
I like almost any PB light string. Curt Mangans are on now, but DR Rares and EJ16s sound great on the guitar.
Old 11-27-2016, 01:52 PM

^^^BUMP^^^

Any new Eastman guitars in the house or have you played any that caught your attention?
Old 11-27-2016, 02:50 PM

I've posted this a couple of times but this is a great guitar on all levels. They made very few AJ616 models. I added the pickguard.

Old 11-27-2016, 02:51 PM

Flame is much more intense in real life:

Old 11-27-2016, 05:33 PM
Charter Member

I purchased this Eastman AC OM2 from another AGF member. It's my first all solid wood. It's not as bright sounding as the Yamaha FG700s but it's harder to play b/c the action is higher and the strings are thicker than the extra lights I have installed on the Yamaha. Any recommendations on what strings to put on that will make it easier to play w/o sacrificing the sound/tone?
Old 11-27-2016, 08:20 PM
AGF Sponsor

The E-10SS is just one heckuva guitar.

I have this really cool venue here in L.A. where I record a lot of videos before a live audience. I hate pickups, so when I play solo I go old school and just play directly into a mic, in this case a Shure SM-58. Pretty good sounding guitar.

I'm playing it with one of our picks, but I won't high-jack this thread with a sales pitch.

This guitar, which is about three years old now, has really started to open up the last six months or so.

Enjoy

P.S. This is a wonderful song written by Michael Peter Smith, out of Chicago. Wish I wrote it.

Old 11-27-2016, 08:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charmed Life Picks View Post

I have this really cool venue here in L.A. where I record a lot of videos before a live audience. I hate pickups, so when I play solo I go old school and just play directly into a mic, in this case a Shure SM-58. Pretty good sounding guitar.

I'm playing it with one of our picks, but I won't high-jack this thread with a sales pitch.

This guitar, which is about three years old now, has really started to open up the last six months or so.

Enjoy

P.S. This is a wonderful song written by Michael Peter Smith, out of Chicago. Wish I wrote it.

Great tone and nice job on the song! Thanks for sharing that. Your Eastman sounds fantastic.
Old 11-27-2016, 08:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charmed Life Picks View Post

Enjoy

Bravo!! Bravo!!
Old 11-27-2016, 08:51 PM

I have a custom E5SS, think LG2 reproduction to imagine what it is. I don't have any pics. It's a wonderful instrument. The vintage neck doesn't agree much with my small hands so I'm thinking of selling it.

They sure seem to make really nice guitars, especially so at their price points.
Old 11-27-2016, 11:30 PM
Charter Member

Great job, Mems! I like your picking and singing. Now sell me back my E10SS. And there are a few more marks on it, so I want a discount.
Old 11-28-2016, 09:33 AM

I have had an Eastman E10D since July, 2010. Great Guitar.

Also, The Blueridge Guitar Forum has a section on Eastman Guitars where you can read many more threads about Eastmans.

Ed

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion