Quote:
Originally Posted by hopdemon View Post
Word is the Pens are going to tank to get the #1 draft pick
Go FLYERS!!!
Lol. Fat chance.
Old 08-02-2020, 08:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by catdaddy View Post
Well, the Play-ins are underway in Toronto and Edmonton. So far today the 'Canes defeated the Rangers 3-2, The 'Hawks ambushed the Oil 6-4, the Isles beat the Panthers 2-1. Pens and Habs puck drop is at 8 PM, while the Jets and Flames get underway at 10:30 PM (Eastern).

Hockey is back!

Go Pens!!!
Go Pens - Go Bruins! Looks like Carey Price pulled one out last night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lkristians View Post
Great watching NBC air NHL games today. Doc Emrick is at the top of his game. The coverage was great. Hawks dominated, but it was nice to see and hear.
Dru, and his fellow Canadians...did CBC cover for you today?
Hey Larry - like Doc Emrick. I was on working on Wall St in 2007-2008 (work would fly me home to Canada on week-ends) and I bought NJ Devils season tickets. It was the first year they were in the Prudential Center. Doc was the tv announcer so I caught most of their away games on tv that year. He's probably my favorite US NHL announcer.
Old 08-02-2020, 09:52 AM

Doc is the best. He's won a couple of Emmy awards as Best Play by Play announcer, and is a true gentleman.
Old 08-03-2020, 02:02 PM

Blue Jackets beat Maple Leafs. Big news here (Toronto and Montreal dominate the Canadian NHL news).

What happened to the Bruins? Rask isn't feeling well so he didn't play.
Old 08-03-2020, 08:10 PM

The Pens/Habs game on NBC was the highest rated "regular season" game in the US with a Canadian team that wasn't a "Winter Classic"

People are watching.
Old 08-04-2020, 04:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lkristians View Post
The Pens/Habs game on NBC was the highest rated "regular season" game in the US with a Canadian team that wasn't a "Winter Classic"

People are watching.
Wow! It's a little deceiving since it isn't considered a regular season game and all stats will be counted as playoff stats ... even though it's a round robin. Glad that the Pens won.
Old 08-04-2020, 05:52 PM

As am I, Dru. I was concerned about them needing to shake four months’ worth of rust off. Murray seems to be getting back into the groove and the D seems to have made his job a little easier. I’m still concerned about the power play and Malkin but it was good to see Sid score and Guentzel back in action. I only wish they were putting more points on the board earlier in the game.
Old 08-04-2020, 07:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil K Walk View Post
As am I, Dru. I was concerned about them needing to shake four months’ worth of rust off. Murray seems to be getting back into the groove and the D seems to have made his job a little easier. I’m still concerned about the power play and Malkin but it was good to see Sid score and Guentzel back in action. I only wish they were putting more points on the board earlier in the game.
With Murray matching Price's performance in goal last night, the biggest concern of mine is also the Pens power play. Don't know why they're having so much trouble with all the talent that they can put on the ice, but it's a hot mess. Malkin, on the other hand, has had 15 shots on goal in two games and has been excellent on faceoffs. He's a little snake-bit scoring-wise, but I see plenty of reason for optimism in his game going forward.

AKA 'Screamin' Tooth Parker'

You can listen to Walt's award winning songs with his acoustic band The Porch Pickers @ the Dixie Moon album or rock out electrically with Rock 'n' Roll Reliquary

Bourgeois AT Mahogany D
Gibson Hummingbird
Martin J-15
Voyage Air VAD-04
Martin 000X1AE
Squier Classic Vibe 50s Stratocaster
Squier Classic Vibe Custom Telecaster
PRS SE Standard 24
Old 08-05-2020, 01:32 PM

Did anyone foresee the Rangers getting swept by the Hurricanes?

Pens, Oilers play tonight. Bruins play as well but it's just a warm-up game for seeding. No home ice fan advantage this year but still nice to have last decision on line changes.
Old 08-05-2020, 03:05 PM

I was pleasantly surprise that the Hurricanes swept the Rangers. Enjoyed watching all three games, but now we wait until next week to see them play again.

Gotta quit taking so many penalties. We kept the Rangers from scoring on most power plays, but this is the playoffs.

Go Canes !!!
Old 08-05-2020, 03:23 PM

Default WHAT!

You mean there's Hockey in August?.....This is amazin'!
Old 08-06-2020, 03:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpd View Post
You mean there's Hockey in August?.....This is amazin'!
Well, for most teams there is ... no Red Wings though. Might not be any Pens and Bruins either.
Old 08-07-2020, 01:17 PM

Pens face elimination in 45 minutes. Day games don't usually engage me but I HAVE to tune in.

Matt Murray has been benched - and I'm hoping Jack Johnson has been as well. OTOH today is Sidney Crosby's 33rd birthday and Jarry is in net. I hope that gives the squad adequate motivation to right the ship!
Old 08-07-2020, 01:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil K Walk View Post
Pens face elimination in 45 minutes. Day games don't usually engage me but I HAVE to tune in.

Matt Murray has been benched - and I'm hoping Jack Johnson has been as well. OTOH today is Sidney Crosby's 33rd birthday and Jarry is in net. I hope that gives the squad adequate motivation to right the ship!
That's right, it's 8-7 today, hence Sid's 87 jersey number. I haven't seen any games but I heard some radio sports talk today and one of the hosts was saying Sid didn't seem 100%, although he was giving 100% effort. Have you noticed that? I wonder if there's still that lingering injury.

Bruins lost the #1 and #2 seeds <sigh>.
Old 08-07-2020, 04:48 PM

Wow! Pens lost to the Canadiens. Before the series started the talk up here in Canada (and I'm guessing in the US) is that Montreal wasn't good enough but Carey Price alone could pull off an upset.

Pens have a 1/8 chance in the first pick of the draft.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Open Mic