The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Custom Shop

Old 03-10-2019, 12:28 PM
Charter Member

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomB'sox View Post
Agreed, I see BBQ and pop with Paul and Cindy, White wine with Bruce Sexauer, a beer with Frog and Toad and Red wine with Michael Watts.

Heck that sounds like it might just be fun!
Well... once we get going you may opt for something "more adult". Haha

Any good hard cider or hard Kombucha being made in your vicinity? I love beer, but it no longer likes me... but water will do in a pinch.

Cheers

Paul
Jumbo OLD Brazilian RW/WRC
Big Tunnel 14 RW/Bubinga Dread(ish)

R.T 2 12c sinker RW/Claro
96 422ce bought new!
96 LKSM 12
552ce 12x12

J. Stepick Bari Weissy WRC/Walnut

More
Old 03-10-2019, 12:31 PM
AGF Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomB'sox View Post
Agreed, I see BBQ and pop with Paul and Cindy, White wine with Bruce Sexauer, a beer with Frog and Toad and Red wine with Michael Watts.

Heck that sounds like it might just be fun!
White wine WITH me is okay, that's what my wife Linda drinks, mostly. It probably helps. I am more of a beer guy, with occasional forays into full reds. But 19/20ths of my liquid intake is water, if you include coffee in that category.
Old 03-10-2019, 02:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guitars44me View Post

Any good hard cider or hard Kombucha being made in your vicinity? I love beer, but it no longer likes me... but water will do in a pinch.

Cheers

Paul
Lots of good hard cider made locally. I'm not familiar with hard kombucha, not really paying attention to the stuff, but as much regular kombucha as there is around here, there's bound to be some. I like Austin Eastciders.
Old 03-10-2019, 03:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce Sexauer View Post
White wine WITH me is okay, that's what my wife Linda drinks, mostly. It probably helps. I am more of a beer guy, with occasional forays into full reds. But 19/20ths of my liquid intake is water, if you include coffee in that category.
If you knew Kathy, you would know she is never more than 15 feet from a coffee pot LOL. You two will be fine. We bought one of those huge pots from Cosco the other day for the Sunday Brunch, but it will be going on Saturday too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SJ VanSandt View Post
Lots of good hard cider made locally. I'm not familiar with hard kombucha, not really paying attention to the stuff, but as much regular kombucha as there is around here, there's bound to be some. I like Austin Eastciders.
I am such a light weight, I will need to google Kombucha LOL!
Old 03-10-2019, 07:30 PM
AGF Sponsor

Saying this so no one will take offense: I drink one cup a day. I make it with freshly roasted beans I get from my shop down the street. It is a “Fair Trade” Pacific Rim blend. I use an Aero-press to make my single cup. One half pound makes exactly 7 cups. Many people find it a bit too strong for their tastes. I will bring my device to Texas with me.

Next time I go to Italy, I will bring it there as well. Their idea of coffee, generally speaking, fell a bit short for me despite what “everybody” said.

I will bring a few extra cups worth of “product” with me in case anyone else has a problem.
Old 03-10-2019, 07:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce Sexauer View Post
Saying this so no one will take offense: I drink one cup a day. I make it with freshly roasted beans I get from my shop down the street. It is a “Fair Trade” Pacific Rim blend. I use an Aero-press to make my single cup. One half pound makes exactly 7 cups. Many people find it a bit too strong for their tastes. I will bring my device to Texas with me.

Next time I go to Italy, I will bring it there as well. Their idea of coffee, generally speaking, fell a bit short for me despite what “everybody” said.

I will bring a few extra cups worth of “product” with me in case anyone else has a problem.

Bruce, I have an Aero-press at the house if you want to save room and not bring yours....at 1/2 pound per 7 cups, you will need to bring your own coffee hahaha. I do have a grinder as well.

See, we think of everything at the B'Sox Guitarapolooza headquarters!
Old 03-10-2019, 07:53 PM
Charter Member

Smile Bruce's Boss Coffee

I will have a cup or three of good coffe in the am. Bruce, may I put in an order for one cup of yours before our performance?
Sheesh, this party gets better and better.
kombucha is fermented tea. It is a probiotic and has good stuff in it for gut health. In China they have strains thousands of years old!
Hard Kombucha, "Booch" has 4-8% alcohol. Tastes pretty good too!
Cheers
Paul
Jumbo OLD Brazilian RW/WRC
Big Tunnel 14 RW/Bubinga Dread(ish)

R.T 2 12c sinker RW/Claro
96 422ce bought new!
96 LKSM 12
552ce 12x12

J. Stepick Bari Weissy WRC/Walnut

More
Old 03-10-2019, 08:05 PM

So Paul... I'm planning to pack my Aero-press and a pound of good coffee in my luggage. It's probably not up to Bruce's standards- I'm not bringing a grinder, so it will be ground in CA. But, we won't be bad off at the old Airbnb!

beth
Old 03-11-2019, 10:25 PM

Wine and water for us.
Old 03-12-2019, 01:31 PM

I made a Collings reservation, but I have done the tour so many times that if it fills up, post something on here and I will gladly give up my spot. Maybe I can get a job doing the tours. Last time I was there, Steve McCreary was giving the tour himself. Not sure the other folks knew who he was.
Old 03-13-2019, 11:44 AM

Is it just me, or does anyone else feel like this March is just creeping along? Every morning I look at the calendar and think, oh rats! B.I.G. is still over two weeks away!
Old 03-13-2019, 11:48 AM
AGF Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by SJ VanSandt View Post
Is it just me, or does anyone else feel like this March is just creeping along? Every morning I look at the calendar and think, oh rats! B.I.G. is still over two weeks away!
Not from this side of the table, Stan.....
Two weeks?.....feels like two days.....Steve concurs

‘17 Two Hands Guitar Co.
0000/Auditorium, Sitka/Indonesian RW

‘93 Taylor 712 (I spent 20 years trying to convince the owner to sell me this guitar)

‘95 Taylor Limited Edition GAWS (I traded my Gibson J-200 for this guitar in ‘95)

TWO HANDS GUITARS
Old 03-13-2019, 12:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joel Teel View Post
Not from this side of the table, Stan.....
Two weeks?.....feels like two days.....Steve concurs
Hahahaha, as Tom would say - that's no surprise! I wonder how Tom is feeling about it? My anxiety would be through the roof, though it sounds like he is as prepared as he can be - as long as luthiers show up with guitars!
Old 03-13-2019, 02:06 PM
AGF Sponsor

I’ve been ready for months, and have plenty to do while I wait. Mostly I worry about what I will bring if someone buys one of the guitars I’m planning on taking before I leave. First world problem.
Old 03-14-2019, 04:25 PM
AGF Sponsor

When I committed to Tom’s offer, I agreed to bring at least two guitars. The third guitar is the one that’s pushing me to the deadline. I’m sure, now, that it’s going to be ready, but last month, when I wasn’t sure if it would be, I declined an offer on one of the first two...to insure that I’d be able to honor the commitment I had made to Tom. Now, as it is, I should be showing up with three...who needs sleep anyway

‘17 Two Hands Guitar Co.
0000/Auditorium, Sitka/Indonesian RW

‘93 Taylor 712 (I spent 20 years trying to convince the owner to sell me this guitar)

‘95 Taylor Limited Edition GAWS (I traded my Gibson J-200 for this guitar in ‘95)

TWO HANDS GUITARS

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Custom Shop