The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 03-14-2019, 09:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murphy Slaw View Post
I've not needed customer service on any of my Bose stuff. Most everything I ever read is positive from actual Bose owners...
The thing about customer service is that, you usually don't even think of it until something goes wrong. That's with ANY company.

If you don't mind me asking, how much use are your units getting? Are you gigging out one or two nights per week? Three to five? More?

Do you have a backup rig? How long is the turn around for repairs? If your unit went down, how much money would you lose by not having it?

If it's just set up in your living room and not getting moved around much, you probably won't have issues like someone that is putting the unit through its paces.

Not sure what your situation is, and I don't pretend do, but if you gig a lot you'll be really glad for good customer service regardless of the company.
1983 Washburn Timber Ridge Custom
- Fishman Onboard Prefix Premium Blend & - Schatten HFN passive
2016 Gibson J-45 Standard
- Fishman Onboard Prefix Premium Blend & - Schatten HFN passive backup
Tonedexter & Sunnaudio Stage DI
1990 Yamaha FS-310

Past:
1995 Martin D-28
2015 Eastman E10SS
Old 03-16-2019, 11:39 AM

My experience has been good with Bose. I had a pair of their original around-ear headphones (not noise-cancelling) I got back in 2006 or so at a cost of $150. I was very careful with them and really loved them. Probably in 2010 or 2011, they fell from a table about 2 feet to the floor and one of the earcups snapped. No fix to it. I called Bose to see about getting them repaired since they were obviously out of warranty. They told me that model was discontinued so they could not be fixed. Instead, they sold me a newer version for about half price. So that was a wonderful experience.

My 2 S1Pros were having charging issues. Following the Bose forums, I called and inquired about getting them replaced. The first person I talked to said all I could do was to take the batteries out and reset them, which I already had tried. I called about a week later and then second person basically said the same thing. When I pushed back a little they said I could send them in for repair. When I indicated that would be hard since I use them weekly, they said that was all they could do. I bumped it up to a manager and he FINALLY agreed to replace them, but not until I shipped my current units. I have my regular PA so I did it, and got them in less than a week.

So they did take care of me, but this time around I felt like I had to be more of a prick to get it done. I do think it does depend a lot on who you talk to.
Old 03-18-2019, 05:56 AM

yea agree, who picks up the phone can have a lot to do with the results.

I tried to call last week, but just didn't have much time. calling again today, I don't think they did a single thing to fix the initial issue.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification