The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > PLAY and Write

Old 10-18-2020, 02:14 PM

Default His latest flame chord help

https://youtu.be/59pOE3OmUi8
So I’ve been working on getting the strumming a little bit smoother when I play along with this song. At 16 seconds and 33 seconds when the Em transitions to a C chord there seems to be a cord between that I can’t seem to nail down. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.
Old 10-19-2020, 03:14 AM

There's a quick passing chord which has a D in it, and is probably either a G, or he's just taking his fingers off the Em to change to C, strumming open strings on the half-beat between, which would sound something like a G. (Certainly it sounds more like G than D.)

It's a common technique in a quick change like that - no need to actually form a complete chord. If I try actually playing a complete chord in there (D, G or Bm?) it sounds wrong. The open strings are all in key, and it sounds right if I just take my fingers off the Em to move to C.
Old 10-19-2020, 08:24 AM

Thank you for explaining that to me.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > PLAY and Write