The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Show and Tell

Old 06-22-2011, 01:39 AM

Default Instrumental- Solace

Hello there,

Keith here again with a new instrumental titled "Solace". Any feedback is appreciated, hope you enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tS8Hf5rHBVU
Old 06-22-2011, 07:07 AM

Nice playing Keith. You had a nice blend of conventional pickin and some tapping technique. The song starts out with a nice verse melody, then takes off as if it's another song when the tapping starts. It all sounds pretty though, a good demo of technique, perhaps lacks a more logical melodic sequence. You have a ton of potential. I'd love to see more originals, or even see you try some covers, since you're finger pickin try some Leo Kottke, Tommy Emmanuel, etc. Thanks for sharing, Ed

Hoffman L-00 w JJB
Kronbauer TDK w K&K
Martin OM-35 w K&K
Gibsons: J-150 w Fishman, CL-35 w JJB, Hummingbird w JJB, Les Paul Custom
Crafter TM-035 w JJB
Recording King ROS-647 w JJB
Voyage-Air OM-04, Washburn Red Rocker
Amps: Crate 2x12, Peaveys, LoudBox Artist
Pickups: JJB & K&K Mini
Callaway Big Bertha Clubs
Old 06-22-2011, 10:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gibbyguy View Post
Nice playing Keith. You had a nice blend of conventional pickin and some tapping technique. The song starts out with a nice verse melody, then takes off as if it's another song when the tapping starts. It all sounds pretty though, a good demo of technique, perhaps lacks a more logical melodic sequence. You have a ton of potential. I'd love to see more originals, or even see you try some covers, since you're finger pickin try some Leo Kottke, Tommy Emmanuel, etc. Thanks for sharing, Ed
Wow thank you for the in depth review! I see what you are saying for the melodic sequence, most of my songs are played differently every time, it depends on what I am feeling at that moment, when I play live my songs can last twice as long. For this song I really just went for a big build and then resolved it at the end. Thanks a lot!

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Show and Tell