The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Show and Tell

Old 09-23-2002, 08:37 AM

Question Can anyone help?

This is the first time I've posted on this forum, so if sounds like a silly question please don't zing me too badly.
I'm a John Denver fan and I enjoy playing his music. My problem is I've been tring to figure out the intro to Dreamland Express and I'm just not getting it. I cannot find any tab for it anywhere(I've tried all the web sights I can think of). From the discussions I've read on this board a lot of you guys(and gals) seem very talented. So, if anyone can help I would appreciate it.
Thanks in advance,
Bob
Old 09-23-2002, 09:43 AM

I ran a quick search on google and found a place selling a songbook that contains Dreamland Express, but it doesn't say whether it has tab or just chords. You might give these people a call and ask:

http://www.guitargallerymusic.com/song-dm.htm

P.S. Welcome to the forum!
Old 09-23-2002, 10:25 AM

Welcome to the forum.

2023 Taylor AD22e
2001 Guild F47RCE

Certified Fretting Technician - Galloup School of Luthiery 2005
Guitar Builder/Tech
Old 10-03-2002, 05:53 PM

I can't say that I know that song - but I've heard of a thing called - Backtrack- it records 30 seconds of music and allows you to slow the spead to 3/4 ; 1/2; or 1/3 speed without changing the key. It doesn't show you the notes but it must make it easier to figure out. I haven't tried it yet but I will soon. There are other brands but that's the only one I can remember right now. I used to use LP records and slow the player to 16 speed. Boy am I old, siigghh. Good luck.

Brad

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Show and Tell