The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 07-05-2016, 09:29 AM

Hands down, the best acoustic I've played thus far in 2016 is a Bourgeois aged tone OM with a baked red spruce top and fiddleback mahogany back and sides. Light, resonant, rich, boisterous projection but dynamic response, and loose, open voice. Nothing tight or green about it.

I have never played a finer OM.
Old 07-05-2016, 09:34 AM
Charter Member

I've owned and played a lot of Bougeois guitars over the years. I've found that I really like all of Bourgeois' guitars that aren't dreadnoughts. I've played OMs, JOMs, DBJC, SJ, and other various sizes and shapes that I've liked a lot. I'm usually a big dreadnought fan but I don't care for the voicing that they do on them at Bourgeois personally. I think he scallops the bass size and tapers the treble side of the X brace which just doesn't agree with my ear for whatever reason.

I've also noticed that Dana Bougeois manages to get some of the best looking woods out there a lot of the time. He's always got a guitar with gorgeous Mahogany or Brazilian rosewood or Madagascar rosewood coming out of that shop in Maine!!

High End Guitar Review Videos.
www.youtube.com/user/rockinb23
Old 07-05-2016, 10:27 AM
Charter Member

Another fan here. I have 2 OMs and an 0 (BTW, referred to on DB site as both O and 0) Finest woods, great playability, and sound as good as it gets. Outstanding build.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Tags
dana bourgeois, pantheon guitars, plucky strum