The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Electric Guitars

Old 12-30-2023, 09:06 PM

Default The baby Penguin...

For those who ever had a jones for a '58, but didn't have a spare $30K+ for a Brooklyn original (or $3500 for the current MIJ Professional Series reissue), it could be the best $599 you ever spent - swap out the pickguard/trussrod cover for more-appropriate aftermarket fare and you'd have a more-than passable clone for pocket change:

https://www.musiciansfriend.com/guit...lectric-guitar

Last edited by Steve DeRosa; 01-11-2024 at 08:00 PM.
Old 01-11-2024, 05:37 PM

I got my 5237TG today at the north Portland Guitar Center. They price matched their affiliate’s sale price. I also saved cold weather shipping stress and another $51.00 with no Washington state sales tax which I used to order a penguin pickguard and old-timey trussrod cover. Somehow it adds to my amusement with this guitar.

By the way, it sounded great plugged into some sort of Fender double reverb all tube amp.
Old 01-11-2024, 08:01 PM

Let's see some pics when you install the pickguard/trussrod cover - in the meantime use it well, often, and twangy...

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Electric Guitars