The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 04-21-2024, 11:22 AM
AGF Sponsor

Default WE HAVE A WINNER! Win a Gorgeous $45.00 Charmed Life Casein Triangle!

CHARTER MEMBERS ONLY.
A reminder that per AGF Policy, Participants in Giveaway Promos by Sponsors must be Charter Members, or above. “Registered Users” are not eligible.

To Qualify: Share any positive news in your life. I'll start. Our granddaughter turned six months last week.

She's very cute. She doesn't look a thing like me.

Back to picks. Here's what we've giving away. It is a casein standard large triangle at 1.40 mm thickness, with right-handed speed bevels.

Happy Springtime!

sm

We're running a concurrent sale on this model, with discounts up to 27% off for multi-pack purchases.

You'll find these on our site at this link: https://www.charmedlifepicks.com/conch-casein-sale

CHARTER MEMBERS ONLY.
A reminder that per AGF Policy, Participants in Giveaway Promos by Sponsors must be Charter Members, or above. “Registered Users” are not eligible.

Last edited by Charmed Life Picks; 04-29-2024 at 08:50 PM.
Old 04-21-2024, 12:39 PM
Charter Member

My 10 y/o son is at the top of his 4th grade class for grades. He goes to a tough prep school and they challenge the kids. He makes me proud.

Congrats on your granddaughter’s 6 months! So cute!

Thanks for the entry! Good luck to all!
Old 04-21-2024, 12:50 PM
AGF Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pickcity View Post
My 10 y/o son is at the top of his 4th grade class for grades. He goes to a tough prep school and they challenge the kids. He makes me proud.

Congrats on your granddaughter’s 6 months! So cute!

Thanks for the entry! Good luck to all!
Congrats on your son's accomplishments, PC. That comes from solid and loving support. You share in that victory and are doing a great job of laying groundwork for his success in life.

Parenting and modeling is SO important at that age. I had the great good fortune to have a father who was a HS bio teacher, so I've loved learning and reading my entire life. Other than my unconditional love, the greatest gift we gave our daughters was literacy and a love of reading.

sm
Old 04-21-2024, 01:26 PM
Charter Member

My daughter’s FCCLA(Family, Career and Community Leaders of America) team(Parliamentary Procedure) just won Gold at the State Competition and earned entry to Nationals in Seattle in July.

She’s a Sophomore in High School and at the very top of her class with a 5.0 GPA so far. She quit volleyball to concentrate on grades(she really desires to be Valedictorian) and FCCLA; we couldn’t be prouder of her.

Proud of our son too he’s a Sophomore in college with a pretty high GPA(3.75) in Business IT. He’s been taking guitar classes as an elective and doing so well the teacher made him a spot to take it this semester(was supposed to be only for juniors/seniors).

I am Blessed with two very intelligent, well behaved and respectful children.

Thanks for the opportunity and congratulations on the super cute granddaughter!
Old 04-21-2024, 01:54 PM
Charter Member

Default Proud Papa

So ver proud of both my adult daughters. One is a video tech who tours with many of the biggest names in music the other is a fantastic preschool teacher. My son, who is my youngest, graduates next month with his MBA from Mercer University.

My wife and I are truly blessed!

Taylorcrazy_____________

Old 04-21-2024, 02:01 PM
Curiouser and curiouser

As for kids, I have twins (boy and girl) that are turning 21 in June. Daughter is in college getting a degree in strategic business communications (and she is also an excellent flutist, among other instruments). My son earned his associates while in high school while studying computer science (taking AP and dual-credit courses), but is now at an art institute earning a fine arts degree.

As for work, I just past the 16 year mark with my company and will almost certainly stay there until I retire in the next 5 (or so) years. Pretty blessed there.

As for guitars, I have many... and just added another one this morning. So, yeah, that's pretty awesome, too!

The sun is shining. The grass is green and luscious.

I am blessed, but even more than that, I am thankful.
Old 04-21-2024, 03:23 PM
Charter Member

Beautiful picks, Scott, and even more beautiful granddaughter! If your daughter raises her up right, she'll be a Steve Goodman, John Prine, and Chicago Cubs fan.

Last edited by Zissou Intern; 04-23-2024 at 12:46 PM. Reason: typo
Old 04-21-2024, 05:04 PM
AGF Sponsor

Hi, Everyone. These are all great stories. I'm off to a rehearsal, but will check back here this evening.

Thanks again. I look forward to reading more and commenting more in the next 12 hours.

scott memmer
Old 04-21-2024, 05:07 PM
Charter Member

I will hopefully have a Granddaughter within the next month! And… my two other daughters are pregnant as well!
Old 04-21-2024, 06:23 PM
Charter Member

Our son is graduating summa cum laude from Pitt! (Should be able to afford some picks once again!)
Guilds
Gibsons
A few others
2020 macbook pro i5 8GB
Scarlett 18i20
Reaper 7
Old 04-21-2024, 09:21 PM
Charter Member

My long absent daughter is back in town (been 20 years between school and living in the USVI for a decade+) and also taking a studio in the space where I build guitars and other things! Both daughters doing well in careers and in emotionally stable places.

We got to enjoy a spectacular eclipse checking in on each other in respectively VT, ME, OH.

My GF / partner is coming to terms with a probable Parkinson's diagnosis - it's not what life throws at us, it's how we handle it. Our bees are looking like they're entering spring stronger than we've seen so far, and having successfully overwintered for a 4th season.
Old 04-21-2024, 09:46 PM
Charter Member

I’ve been mentoring teens in my job for many years. I’m off to a wedding for a second time next month. Nice change of venue from what folks my age usually attend if you know what I mean.

I’ve started mentoring one that is probably my last. She’s 14 and I’m tired and ready to be retired. 😂

Martin D-41, Larrivee L-19; Gibson L-130; Taylor 614-ce-L30; R Taylor 2
H&D Custom OM; Bauman 000
Cervantes Crossover I; Kenny Hill 628S;
Rainsong Shorty SGA; CA GX Player, Cargo;
Alvarez AP70; Stella, 12-string; 2 Ukes; Gibson Mandola; Charango, couple electrics
Old 04-22-2024, 06:19 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charmed Life Picks View Post
Congrats on your son's accomplishments, PC. That comes from solid and loving support. You share in that victory and are doing a great job of laying groundwork for his success in life.

Parenting and modeling is SO important at that age. I had the great good fortune to have a father who was a HS bio teacher, so I've loved learning and reading my entire life. Other than my unconditional love, the greatest gift we gave our daughters was literacy and a love of reading.

sm
I love to read as well, and my son does too! In 1st grade he was given the award “reading rocket” because he was the classroom reader. LOL

I cannot fathom how anyone doesn’t love to read. It is indeed one of life’s great pleasures.

Oh, and I loved the look of this pick so much I went ahead and ordered one. So there’s more good news for me. I will get a new Charmed Life pick!
Old 04-22-2024, 11:28 AM
Charter Member

I’m off work all next week!
Old 04-22-2024, 12:01 PM
AGF Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by davenumber2 View Post
I’m off work all next week!
Now that's something REALLY to be grateful for.

Again, folks, I apologize for my lack of personal responses. Some people know that in addition to running Charmed Life Picks I'm also a full-time English professor. The end of the semester approacheth, and I'm papered in essays.

Let's run this another day or two, then I should have some time to chime in.

Thank You!
Scott Memmer

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion