The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > RECORD

Old 08-18-2022, 07:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lkingston View Post
I have also worked with both analog and digital stand-alone hardware recorders. An iPad Pro is a huge step above that. Sort of a middle ground between the simplicity of a hardware recorder and a full computer DAW. I’ve made music recordings every which way, and this is currently my favorite. Admittedly, my needs are rather simple though.

In any case, I am looking forward to M2 iPads and beyond. With 5.7K video with multiple 24 bit audio tracks that need processing, I could certainly use the power!
The problem with the Pro iPads, at least so far, is file management. My audio projects often push 2 gigs and worse 1000 raw files from the Fuji camera and, in a hurry, we're talking about major hard drive schemes. I don't see that the ipads cover that yet.
Old 08-19-2022, 04:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joseph Hanna View Post
The problem with the Pro iPads, at least so far, is file management. My audio projects often push 2 gigs and worse 1000 raw files from the Fuji camera and, in a hurry, we're talking about major hard drive schemes. I don't see that the ipads cover that yet.

I haven’t run into that, but my projects are way smaller. Three minute pop songs with video is as challenging as I get. The iPad Pro does seem to work fine with external hard drives though if I did.
Old 08-19-2022, 07:24 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joseph Hanna View Post
For me on Pro Tools there are a number of functions that are either missing or are more awkward to accomplish on the PT mobile control app compared to the computer app..
For example because (as evidenced by my screen shot) I completely rename everything and will often rename tracks from the template re-names.. I like a keyboard ( I guess you can get a keyboard for iPad ) but by the time you do that, I am not certain there much if any advantage over a laptop, as far as mobile convenience

KevWind at Soundcloud

KevWind at YouYube
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...EZxkPKyieOTgRD

System :
Studio system Avid Carbon interface , PT Ultimate 2023.12 -Mid 2020 iMac 27" 3.8GHz 8-core i7 10th Gen ,, Ventura 13.2.1

Mobile MBP M1 Pro , PT Ultimate 2023.12 Sonoma 14.4

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > RECORD