The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 04-01-2020, 07:02 PM
Charter Member

My wife and I are now both sheltering in with our youngest son, 24, and our oldest grandson, 18. I can work from home, but we can't go in to work to bring client data home to work on at this point now. My son's class II police academy was postponed, they were halfway through and my grandson has his senior year classes online.

My wife suspended her job as a super market employee until this is over. I'm 65 and my wife is 66 so we aren't taking any chances.

My wife and I both like to watch certain shows on tv and when I don't like something she wants to watch I will binge on Netflix or play guitar. It's hard to relax though. Everytime I have to go to the supermarket I feel as though I'm risking my life. I wear a mask, gloves, glasses and a hat and keep my distance, yet there are some who don't just get it.

I think once this thing crests and begins to go down I'll start to chill a little. I'd like to see more news stories about the search for a cure or vaccine and less body counts as that's not helping anyone.

Youtube! Please subscribe!

My SoundCloud page

Avalon L-320C, Guild D-120, Martin D-16GT, McIlroy A20, Pellerin SJ CW

Cordobas - C5, Fusion 12 Orchestra, C12, Stage Traditional

Alvarez AP66SB, Seagull Folk

Aria {Johann Logy}:

Last edited by TBman; 04-01-2020 at 10:34 PM.
Old 04-01-2020, 10:12 PM

Default Down-time (#57 in guitar pick stories)

Something I had not thought about. I just read an article about hand-washing and fingernail length.
I just cut my right hand nails short for the first time in 50 years. I played for a minute before I cut them. Will get a guitar out in a minute to see how finger picking goes sans nails. I just cannot get the hang of a flat pick, but this may force me to try.
Not a big deal in the current crisis, but sort of a small sacrifice to me.
Hang in there guys. We will get thru this.
Old 04-02-2020, 09:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whvick View Post
I give a pick to my patients who play guitar as a conversation starter, and ask them to tell me a guitar story. Some are really interesting.
I read through a few of them. Should be able to read all of them before too long.
Old 04-02-2020, 09:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whvick View Post
How about you guys? How do you spend your down time?
Are you social-distancing? Are you staying home? Are you actually practicing guitar more?
Thank you for asking.

I had my final chemo injection yesterday, and it was a bit stressful to have to come into the hospital for it. All my numbers are good, however, and after 21 months in this regimen I'm happy to be finished with it.

Tomorrow we head back to our cabin in the San Juan Islands, where we've spent the past month, and I don't really have to be back on the mainland until my next checkup in July. At that point, I will have transferred from being a cancer patient to being enrolled in a long-term survivorship program. How cool is that?

Feeling extreme gratitude this morning to all those in health care who went into work today, knowing the risks they are taking. Bless you all.
Old 04-02-2020, 11:37 AM
AGF Sponsor

We are well. Our daughter is due with our first grandchild in June.

I doubt we're eligible for a stiumulus chuck, but should we get one we will probably cash it and give the money to one of our relatives. We are in very good straits financially, but we have one close relative who is a chiropracter and his business has completely dried up. And our nephew is a barber, so that too has whithered.

Rhonda and I truly ache for how hard this is hitting those we love, not to mention the millions of good people across this country and the world whose livelihoods and family lives have been so deeply impacted.

Peace and Health to All,
Scott & Rhonda Memmer

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion