The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Open Mic

Old 10-19-2018, 01:56 PM

Default YouTube videos

Hi all, this is gonna be a long shot but here goes......
Some time ago I stumbled upon a programme / teaching platform (?) quite by accident. I don't remember if I found it while watching a YouTube video or while internet searching something completely unrelated. I do remember that I couldn't believe my luck that day. A FREE platform that enabled you to import videos directly from YouTube and and do things like loop any section you desired, you could also enlarge the actual video to better view fingerings. You could save individual loops, save full videos etc. There was also the added advantage of connecting with guitar tutors ( I seem to remember a prominent jazz player that was involved as one of the tutors, not that I had any jazz interest ). Anyhow - I'll get to the point, long story short, after resetting my iPad in an attempt to speed it up, I lost all my apps and anything I'd "saved to desktop". Now I can not for the life of me remember the name of it . I've been searching the internet for it for days now, with no luck ! I'm hoping someone will know what I'm referring to or may be able to suggest an alternative. Thanks in advance ( fingers crossed )

Last edited by Kerbie; 10-19-2018 at 03:07 PM. Reason: Removed profanity
Old 10-19-2018, 04:03 PM

I use the free VLC media player for saving imported YouTube videos. It also has a video enlargement function (AKA, zoom), plus looping capabilities. Not sure if you can save a loop in it, though. Works on both Windows and Mac, of course.

Last edited by Inyo; 10-21-2018 at 09:00 AM.
Old 10-19-2018, 07:19 PM

Hmmm....I didn't know VLC did that.
Old 10-20-2018, 03:26 PM

Thanks for all your help people, I'm astounded by the response and advice. What a great forum !
Old 10-21-2018, 06:16 AM

I had one called Swift which was really good. It isn’t available any more. Thankfully I still have it on my old iPad. It does everything you speak of except for the picture enlargement. I wish it was still available. Don’t know why it is no longer supported.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Open Mic