The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old Today, 02:33 PM
AGF Sponsor

All great choices, folks. "Here, There and Everywhere" is a perfect pop song, maybe in the way "Caroline, No," is from Brian Wilson.

scott memmer

For photos of our new mandolin model, visit our post in Marketplace: https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/...d.php?t=521944

Charmed Life Picks are officially endorsed by Eastman Guitars. http://www.acousticguitarforum.com/f...d.php?t=498770

our website: https://www.charmedlifepicks.com/online-store
Old Today, 05:44 PM
Charter Member

You know, it's actually sweet that there are so many hopeless romantics here, but the Beatles tend to bring out the romance in everyone, one way or another. Maybe there's hope for us all after all!
Old Today, 06:36 PM
Charter Member

I disn't really like the Beatles, I was in west London and my "thing" was r 7 b - the stones, Cyril Davies, Alexis Korner and such, but I did find a copy of love me do at the school club and liked it, and so pinched it.I thought it might get into the top 20!

I bought Sgt Pepper because I knew I could get it before Philip Selwood and take it round to his girlfriends house and play it to her before him. Haha - I got the girl!

Favorite tracks mainly came from that :For the benefit of Mr Kite,and A Day In the life.Then I bought the Magical Mystery Tour EP and liked I Am the walrus.

I also liked Norwegian wood - can't remember where it came from.

The change happened when they decided to stop touring because of the audience noise and decided to become a recording band. Good move.

I really think that the Beatles had a bigger effect in the USA than in the UK.

https://www.youtube.com/user/SillyMoustache/videos
Old Today, 07:31 PM

"Hey, Jude" because the entire repeditive ending always gives me goosebumps, and I also find the story behind the song pretty interesting.

For somewhat sentimental reasons, I love "Ticket To Ride" -- it was one of the first songs I learned when I started playing guitar as a kid. And then over a decade ago, I got to stare at John's original handwritten lyric sheet to that song in the British Library in London.
Old Today, 07:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silly Moustache View Post
I disn't really like the Beatles, I was in west London and my "thing" was r 7 b - the stones, Cyril Davies, Alexis Korner...
Were/are you a Pretty Things fan?

I always felt they were criminally underrated.

I love The Beatles AND The Stones. I may be the only person on Earth, however, who thinks The Stones' "Their Satanic Majesties Request" is a better psych album than Sgt. Peppers (though "A Day In The Life" is one of my favorite songs by anybody.

Funny thing about the Beatles/Stones dichotomy is that The Stones always had that reputation of being really bad boys, as in "lock up yer daughters!" and The Beatles had the more clean cut, goody-good image (thanks in part to Brian Epstein...The Beatles were a sweaty, ferocious band of rockers early on.)

But the fact is, The Stones were far more middle class than John, Paul, George and Richard Starkey were. The Stones went to college...art school...Mick was studying to be an accountant and go work at his father's firm.

The boys in The Beatles, though, grew up rough and hungry on the Liverpool docks.

- John Shedd

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion