The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber

Old 10-23-2018, 06:57 AM

Hey Kramster, can you do a verbal comparison of your x20 to your Sable? I’m getting a Sable next week.
Old 10-23-2018, 08:34 AM

Guess it wouldn’t be verbal
Old 10-23-2018, 09:23 AM
Guest 928

Dawg;

Kramster can do verbal on video. The comparison you suggest would be interesting.
Old 10-23-2018, 10:03 AM

Both are top contenders in the guitar world as we know it... out working today and just on me iPad... so don’t have them with me.
McPherson: Early Kevin Michael Proto
Some wood things by Epi, Harmony, Takamine, Good Time, PRS, Slick, Gypsy Music, keyboards, wind controllers.. etc
Old 10-23-2018, 10:29 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawgrit View Post
Hey Kramster, can you do a verbal comparison of your x20 to your Sable? I’m getting a Sable next week.
Since Kramster is out and about, here's a quick comparison: I have an X20 and have played a couple Sables. Both are very nice guitars. Both have a nice rich tone. The Sable (to me) sounds a bit darker. Because of the bevels (especially the arm rest bevel) and design, I find the X20 is more comfortable.

If you prefer a more traditional shape, the Sable is a fine choice; if you are open to a more contemporary design, the X20. Either would be a delightful lifetime guitar.

Congrats on the Sable! As usual here, post some photos when it arrives.
Old 10-23-2018, 12:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Jim View Post
Since Kramster is out and about, here's a quick comparison: I have an X20 and have played a couple Sables. Both are very nice guitars. Both have a nice rich tone. The Sable (to me) sounds a bit darker. Because of the bevels (especially the arm rest bevel) and design, I find the X20 is more comfortable.

If you prefer a more traditional shape, the Sable is a fine choice; if you are open to a more contemporary design, the X20. Either would be a delightful lifetime guitar.

Congrats on the Sable! As usual here, post some photos when it arrives.
Thanks for the comparison. Will do with the pics. Kind of excited, I’m new and never post a pic before.
Old 10-23-2018, 01:48 PM

I'm planning to do an in-depth comparison between my Sable and incoming X30 next week. I'll post on here.
Old 10-23-2018, 03:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by byudzai View Post
I'm planning to do an in-depth comparison between my Sable and incoming X30 next week. I'll post on here.
I’ll guess the 30 is more comfy to play and a deeper richer sound as a bigger body will do that.. Sable is a bit more traditional feeling and a great balanced sound..both very playable ..... just a guess.
McPherson: Early Kevin Michael Proto
Some wood things by Epi, Harmony, Takamine, Good Time, PRS, Slick, Gypsy Music, keyboards, wind controllers.. etc
Old 10-23-2018, 06:14 PM
Guest 928

Isn't that something like comparing an elephant with fox? Each is elegant in its own right, but soooooooooooooooo different.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber