The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Classical

Old 02-07-2015, 02:51 PM

Default 1969 Yamaha flamenco guitar

I just bought a 1969 Yamaha flamenco guitar, GC7F. I am told that these are very rare since most of the early Grand Concert models were classical guitars not flamenco guitars. Any idea how may flamenco guitars of that era were made? I have played flamenco professionally for 55 years and have owned 4 Ramirez flamenco guitars, 2 Sobrino De Esteso, one Conde, a Jose Oribe flamenco and a 1965 Miguel Rodriquez flamenco guitar. I was very impressed when I played the 1969 Yamaha. It's sound was up there with the best of them and the action is fantastic. It is super light in weight as well. It is my second favorite guitar and I did not hesitate to pay $1500 for it since that price would buy me a mediocre instrument these days. I wanted it as a second back up guitar but I am now using it exclusively. It has no signature of the maker in it, but I was told it was made by a Mr. Sato who studied with a Spanish guitar maker from Granada. Any additional information from someone who owned one or has additional knowledge of these early flamenco models will be most appreciated.
Old 02-11-2015, 11:00 AM

How about posting some pics?
Old 02-15-2015, 10:19 AM

Default 1969 Yamaha flamenco

How do you post pics? It says to insert URL??? Don't know what that means. I have the pics on my hard drive. I do not have a site.
Old 02-15-2015, 10:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by antoniom View Post
How do you post pics? It says to insert URL??? Don't know what that means. I have the pics on my hard drive. I do not have a site.
Old 02-15-2015, 10:24 AM

You have to upload them to a pic-hosting site like photobucket, then put the .img link here, or use the yellow icon.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Classical