The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 08-06-2013, 11:06 PM

Default Problem with the first string

Hi, this is my first post in this great forum.

I have a problem with my first string when i plug my guitar to the amp. basically, the first string, sounds much lower, compared to the other strings and i don't know why.

I changed the piezo pickup, but the problem still is there...maybe is the pre-amp?

My guitar is a Takamine EG260C.

Thank you.
Old 08-07-2013, 06:01 AM

Default Problem with the first string

Lower like not an E but an Eb or do you mean the bass is low? May be an EQ issue with your amp/pa. Did you adjust it. Setting the piezo my be an issue as well. I had an issue where the treble string were too light sounding and the bass was heavy. The shim inside the saddle had turned causing an imbalance
Old 08-07-2013, 08:38 AM

Probably the most common cause of string imbalance when plugged in with a UST is that the pickup and/or saddle are not seating properly. For instance, it's very common when people sand a saddle to lower the action, but aren't careful to sand it flat. It could also be that the saddle fits too tightly in the slot. There's also could be something else (perhaps a small bit of detritus in the slot) keeping the saddle from making solid, even contact with the pickup across the entire length.
Old 08-07-2013, 11:39 AM

I solved the problem. Was a stupid thing.
The piezo pickup, in the first string, was unbalancing, so, i put a little piece of wood in the slot, under the piezo pickup, in the first string position and the problem is gone.

Thanks for your answers, and i'm sorry, if my english isn't good.

Regards.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Tags
eg260c, piezo, problem, string, takamine