The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Custom Shop

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #151  
Old 05-15-2024, 03:31 PM
soma5 soma5 is offline
Charter Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 685
Default

John's 00 12-frets are amazingly good. My new 00 12-fret with cutaway is incredibly resonanant in all registers. I predict that you will not be able to put this one down!

Al
Reply With Quote
  #152  
Old 05-15-2024, 03:57 PM
FretMuse FretMuse is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2024
Location: New England
Posts: 19
Default

She's stunning!

I had a chance to meet John about two weeks ago, when I was visiting with Matt Arcara to finalize specs on a 00-12 fret that Matt is getting ready to start building for me. John stepped into Matt's shop as we were discussing some of the custom features I'm hoping for. For those who don't know it, they have adjacent shops in South Portland. I felt like one of the luckiest guys in the world to have John get in on the discussion for about 10 minutes.

I addition to being a great guitarmaker, he's a genuinely super nice guy. Matt, too.

Great wishes for you and your new Circa!!
Reply With Quote
  #153  
Old 05-15-2024, 08:51 PM
Guitars44me's Avatar
Guitars44me Guitars44me is offline
Charter Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Mountains east of San Diego
Posts: 7,503
Smile Glorious

Wow! What a trio

Have FUN figuring out which one is your fave! Probably all three

Cheers

Paul
__________________
4 John Kinnaird SS 12c CUSTOMS:
Big Maple/WRC Dread(ish)
Jumbo Spanish Cedar/WRC
Jumbo OLD Brazilian RW/WRC
Big Tunnel 14 RW/Bubinga Dread(ish)

R.T 2 12c sinker RW/Claro
96 422ce bought new!
96 LKSM 12
552ce 12x12

J. Stepick Bari Weissy WRC/Walnut

More
Reply With Quote
  #154  
Old 05-16-2024, 04:56 PM
justonwo's Avatar
justonwo justonwo is offline
Charter Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: SF Bay Area
Posts: 7,134
Default

And we have strings!

Reply With Quote
  #155  
Old 05-16-2024, 06:09 PM
justonwo's Avatar
justonwo justonwo is offline
Charter Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: SF Bay Area
Posts: 7,134
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jt1 View Post
Gorgeous!

That Brazilian is beyond category!
Yep, it's HC in Tour parlance. It'll be my first 00 in a very long time. I'm very much looking forward to this one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhw48 View Post
This guitar, as well as the Buendia, is quite stunning! The Brazilian is absolutely beautiful (as JT noted) It will be very interesting, I imagine, to compare them once you have both in hand.
Yes, will definitely be interesting to compare. Two very different styles of guitar.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iim7V7IM7 View Post
Thirtysomething…
Add an ivory bridge and make it a 34! Howard called his OM an OM-33 because it was between a 30 and 34 somehow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by soma5 View Post
John's 00 12-frets are amazingly good. My new 00 12-fret with cutaway is incredibly resonanant in all registers. I predict that you will not be able to put this one down!

Al
I predict I will put it down in bed next to me while sleeping.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FretMuse View Post
She's stunning!

I had a chance to meet John about two weeks ago, when I was visiting with Matt Arcara to finalize specs on a 00-12 fret that Matt is getting ready to start building for me. John stepped into Matt's shop as we were discussing some of the custom features I'm hoping for. For those who don't know it, they have adjacent shops in South Portland. I felt like one of the luckiest guys in the world to have John get in on the discussion for about 10 minutes.

I addition to being a great guitarmaker, he's a genuinely super nice guy. Matt, too.

Great wishes for you and your new Circa!!
John is a gem. So eager to please. So knowledgeable. And so friendly. I've always enjoyed the times I've spent with him. He is quite generous with his time.
Reply With Quote
  #156  
Old 05-16-2024, 06:10 PM
justonwo's Avatar
justonwo justonwo is offline
Charter Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: SF Bay Area
Posts: 7,134
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guitars44me View Post
Wow! What a trio

Have FUN figuring out which one is your fave! Probably all three

Cheers

Paul
Yeah, that'll be interesting to see. I'm guessing it may be the 0 or the 00 simply because they'll be so different from the rest of the collection. It'll be a whole lot of Circas in the end. My commissioning days are coming to a close . . . I don't expect I'll hold onto everything.
Reply With Quote
  #157  
Old Yesterday, 09:31 AM
mhw48 mhw48 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Location: NYC
Posts: 472
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by justonwo View Post
And we have strings!
Next, some notes!
__________________
Franklin Jumbo African Blackwood/German Spruce
Franklin Dread Mahogany/Adirondack
1929 Martin 2-17
Reply With Quote
Reply

  The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Custom Shop

Thread Tools





All times are GMT -6. The time now is 10:14 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2024, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Copyright ©2000 - 2024, The Acoustic Guitar Forum
vB Ad Management by =RedTyger=