The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 05-15-2024, 07:56 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg1075 View Post
Oh duh, forgot about TC Guitars. I do go there now and then and like them. Friendly staff and a good selection of acoustics. Recommended indeed.
Twin Town also has a great selection of pedals, especially the boutique stuff.

Tony

"Alexa, where's my stuff?"
- Anxiously waiting...
Old 05-16-2024, 03:51 AM

Quote:
Not surprised. I swing by that GC here and there and have seen quite a few damaged guitars unegenerously marked down. I don't care if it's repairable. You're selling a new guitar with a cracked top, you're gonna have to do better than that.

I don't even know why I keep going there. Staff doesn't seem to care much about anything, and having to call one of them to unlock the nice guitars is a drag, though I understand theft is a big issue.

The website is never up to date. So many times I've showed only to find out they actually didn't have the model I was interested in in stock. And don't get me started on the deader-than-dead strings on half their stuff, except Taylors for some reason. Always in tune with good strings. Martins and Gibsons... good luck.

Problem is there isn't that many great options in the TC. I love LaVonne but it's a bit of a hike for me. Willie's is close, but aside from one nice guy, whose name I donÂ’t know most everyone else there really has a knack for making you feel like youÂ’re not part of the kewl crew . I surmise they treat you differently if you buy from them, but they certainly don't make me want to give them any money, so... Fret Central is great, but the appointment system is also a drag...

Problem is there isn't that many great options in the TC. I love LaVonne but it's a bit of a hike for me. Willie's is close, but aide from one nice guy who works there, most everyone else has a knack for making you feel like you're not part of the kewl crew. I bet they treat you diffetently if you buy from them, but they certainly don't make me want to give them money, so... Fret Central is great, but the appointment system is also a drag...

OK, rant over...
A second for Twin Town Guitars
Old 05-16-2024, 05:21 AM
Charter Member

They are far and few in-between but there are still a few good GCs out there, ones that have a decent repair person and are reasonable when it comes to pricing (with established customers). My favorite was the West 14th street store in NYC, the Times Square store not so much. The one in Asheville NC is not bad but the selection is limited, compared to NYC
Rainsong H-WS1000N2T
Stonebridge OM33-SR DB
Stonebridge D22-SRA
Tacoma Papoose
Voyage Air VAD-2
1980 Fender Strat
A few Partscaster Strats
MIC 60s Classic Vib Strat
Old 05-16-2024, 08:05 AM

Quote:
Oh duh, forgot about TC Guitars. I do go there now and then and like them. Friendly staff and a good selection of acoustics. Recommended indeed.
Just realized I typed this wrong. I meant Twin Town (TT) Guitars, so yes I do know them and go there pretty regularly.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion