The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 06-04-2001, 11:54 PM

I'm a fan of Leo Fender. I have a '57 RI Stratocaster from 1985 and a G&L Comanche from 1998. Both are stratocaster designs, but they are completely different and represent Mr. Fender's desire to always improve. Both are great guitars, too great to decide which one is better!!
Old 06-05-2001, 10:40 PM

1. Paul Reed Smith Custom 22 Ten Top w/ birrrrrrdddssss!!!

2. Parker Fly Deluxe
Old 06-06-2001, 06:16 PM

A Gibson Les Paul Standard in Cherry Sunburst. I've played electrics until about a year ago, & this is the "Standard".
Old 06-08-2001, 04:45 PM

PRS Brazillian Rosewood McCarty, and 50s Classic Strat cover my electric stable.
Old 06-13-2001, 10:58 PM
O'Dadgad rules.

i'm a fan of a lot of electrics, but currently own 1, and 1 i'm building from scratch. my now 1.5 year old and still aging all mahogany Washburn WI-64 trans red (les paul looking...) my other first build, still not completed, is a neck thru les paul copy. 7 piece pau ferro neck thru with maple and cherry veneers, ebony fingerboard, and walnut topped wings with purpleheart back. my next build will be a PRS neck thru copy, with a 1 piece mahogany neck, mahogany wings, and a 1 piece maple top. anybody got any PRS McCarty pickups they wanna sell me? Thanks again.

ira d.
The Family
The Les Paul I built

My live rig:
Mogami Gold TRS
Rane AP13
Ultrasound AG-50DS2, Fishman Loudbox
Boss RC-50
PP2+
Old 06-24-2001, 04:26 PM

I have a beautiful guitar made by two guys in the Orlando area at a shop called The Guitar Factory. It's made of Korina wood. The guitar is called the Acoustic Electric and can be played in either "electric", "acoustic", or with two amps both modes at the same time (they have two jacks). It's amazingly close to an acoustic guitar in acoustic mode and sounds similar to an ES-335 in electric mode. The action is outstanding.

On top of that, the guys offer outstanding support being the local authorized Martin and Taylor service center. In the back they have a few aging Koa, Spruce, etc. stumps that are amazing to see. Their website is www.geocities.com/guitarfactory2001, if anyone is interested.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification