The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #61  
Old 08-02-2017, 03:04 PM
EvanB EvanB is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 3,444
Default

I agree with Tom. Argument can be a good thing, but the truth is that this issue is between the company and the client. The best forum members can do is bemoan the acrimony and hope for some satisfactory resolution.

The client was allowed to explain his side of the matter, and the company has the right to respond--that is all that is necessary from a standpoint of information and collegiality.
Reply With Quote
  #62  
Old 08-02-2017, 03:22 PM
TomB'sox's Avatar
TomB'sox TomB'sox is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Upstate Ny via Minnesota, soon heading to Texas
Posts: 7,616
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishanthem View Post
Before my last purchase of a custom COT Legacy from CA Guitars, I would have highly recommended them. Sadly now I can't do that. I can recommend the Blackbird El Capitan which is Ekoa with carbon fiber reinforcement and sounds and looks like wood. I can also recommend Rainsong CO series with unidirectional carbon fiber tops as they sound amazing. I also believe that the McPherson Sable is a great idea as it looks and sounds amazing and I know McPherson has great quality control and Matt McPherson is a man of great integrity, (Unlike Hartley Peavey).

I question why the other thread about me being unhappy with my Peavey CA Guitars Legacy was closed. I see no reason for this except possibly because of pressure from Peavey for the sake of damage control.
We closed your last thread because it was becoming extremely redundant. YOU HAVE MADE YOUR POINT. It was closed because you began to make personal attacks. If you think we were pressured by Peavey to close your thread, you are sadly mistaken, jeez.

One more post questioning the integrity of moderators will invoke moderator action. Now I suggest you not hijack this thread any longer.

Moderator, TomB'sox
__________________
PS. I love guitars!
Reply With Quote
  #63  
Old 08-02-2017, 10:50 PM
Irishanthem Irishanthem is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 23
Default

So if I post pictures proving the nut is the wrong size and that peavey doesn't honor their warranties you will delete it?? Why don't you want other members to know the truth if they're potential carbon fiber guitar customers??
Reply With Quote
  #64  
Old 08-02-2017, 11:31 PM
Acousticado's Avatar
Acousticado Acousticado is offline
Tommy CanAm
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Snow & Sun belts
Posts: 12,945
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishanthem View Post
So if I post pictures proving the nut is the wrong size and that peavey doesn't honor their warranties you will delete it?? Why don't you want other members to know the truth if they're potential carbon fiber guitar customers??
Irish, I think everyone is on your side in wanting your issue to be properly resolved. Your anger and frustration is understandable and has been clearly and repeatedly articulated in more than one thread, but perhaps you're not recognizing that it is the manner in which you're going about it which is pushing, and in fact has gone beyond the bounds of the fundamental #1 "be nice" rule of this forum. Thus, mod intervention. I think if you tone down your rhetoric, you'll have no problem posting a photo. Of course, I could be wrong, but it wouldn't hurt to try.
__________________
Tom
AGF Moderator

Wood: '02 Taylor 814c | '18 Taylor 214ceDLX | '18 Taylor 150e-12 | '79 Ibanez Dread (First acoustic) | '02 Fender Strat-American '57 RI (Replaced vintage 58)
Carbon: '18 Emerald X20 Custom | '08 Composite Acoustics Cargo RT
Reply With Quote
  #65  
Old 08-03-2017, 12:11 AM
rmsstrider rmsstrider is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Here and there, currently Chesapeake bay
Posts: 1,065
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishanthem View Post
Why don't you want other members to know the truth if they're potential carbon fiber guitar customers??
Jeez, now you question the moderators suppression of the truth??? Enough.
__________________
Couple of CF guitars, Couple of wood guitars
Bunch of other stuff.
Reply With Quote
  #66  
Old 08-03-2017, 03:50 AM
Irishanthem Irishanthem is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 23
Default

I was skeptical about how good the Rainsong CO DR1100 would sound because I didn't really like the unplugged sound of Rainsongs with a regular multi-directional weave carbon fiber top. The unidirectional carbon fiber top on the CO models of Rainsong pleasantly surprised me!! I can see why they say the unidirectional top mimics a spruce soundboard. It is a very nice tone that I think would record nicely. For awhile Rainsong made the bluegrass model that was entirely unidirectional carbon fiber as far as the body was concerned, and it honestly sounds like a high end wooden guitar to me. I'm not sure why they didn't continue with that design. I'm very much impressed with Rainsong and their constant innovation and improvements to carbon fiber guitars. Again, I really think the McPherson would be awesome too. I just wish Mcpherson and Rainsong would use stainless steel frets.
Reply With Quote
  #67  
Old 08-03-2017, 06:42 AM
TomB'sox's Avatar
TomB'sox TomB'sox is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Upstate Ny via Minnesota, soon heading to Texas
Posts: 7,616
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acousticado View Post
Irish, I think everyone is on your side in wanting your issue to be properly resolved. Your anger and frustration is understandable and has been clearly and repeatedly articulated in more than one thread, but perhaps you're not recognizing that it is the manner in which you're going about it which is pushing, and in fact has gone beyond the bounds of the fundamental #1 "be nice" rule of this forum. Thus, mod intervention. I think if you tone down your rhetoric, you'll have no problem posting a photo. Of course, I could be wrong, but it wouldn't hurt to try.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rmsstrider View Post
Jeez, now you question the moderators suppression of the truth??? Enough.

Thank you...
__________________
PS. I love guitars!
Reply With Quote
  #68  
Old 08-03-2017, 07:31 AM
steelvibe's Avatar
steelvibe steelvibe is online now
Charter Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: A mile over sea level in CO
Posts: 3,613
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishanthem View Post
I was skeptical about how good the Rainsong CO DR1100 would sound because I didn't really like the unplugged sound of Rainsongs with a regular multi-directional weave carbon fiber top. The unidirectional carbon fiber top on the CO models of Rainsong pleasantly surprised me!! I can see why they say the unidirectional top mimics a spruce soundboard. It is a very nice tone that I think would record nicely. For awhile Rainsong made the bluegrass model that was entirely unidirectional carbon fiber as far as the body was concerned, and it honestly sounds like a high end wooden guitar to me. I'm not sure why they didn't continue with that design. I'm very much impressed with Rainsong and their constant innovation and improvements to carbon fiber guitars. Again, I really think the McPherson would be awesome too. I just wish Mcpherson and Rainsong would use stainless steel frets.
The difference between nickel and SS frets on electric guitars is far more negligible than on an acoustic because the amplified tone it what matters more. I have read somewhere (and I can't find it now) that RainSong chooses nickel because they feel it offers better tone on their line of acoustic guitars, perhaps that is why Ellis Seal's choice for nickel on the Sable as well?
__________________
'15 Martin D Jr2
'18 Journey OF660
Reply With Quote
Reply

  The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber

Thread Tools



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 09:01 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, The Acoustic Guitar Forum
vB Ad Management by =RedTyger=