The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 10-18-2004, 10:41 AM

Default Removing tuners?

I am considering a tuner upgrade on my 410ce to the gold/ebonoid button model. I have never removed a tuner, and was wondering if it is just a matter of loostening up the bolt on the top and taking it off.

Has anyone done this. I generally do not like to experiment to much with these instruments, unless I know what I am doing.

Thanks.

Last edited by desaljs; 10-18-2004 at 11:55 AM.
Old 10-18-2004, 10:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by desaljs
I am considering a tuner upgrade on my 410ce to the gold/ivoriod button model. I have never removed a tuner, and was wondering if it is just a matter of loostening up the bolt on the top and taking it off.

Has anyone done this. I generally do not like to experiment to much with these instruments, unless I know what I am doing.

Thanks.
Your just replacing the button? If so just take the screw out of the top of the button, and it will come off. If you are replacing the entire tuner, just take the 10mm nut off, and the tuner will come out. Also the there is a screw to take off on the back of the tuner, if you have an older model Taylor. Your in Peoria, huh? We are almost neighbors! I live around Galesburg.

My YouTube

Facebook

"Only by becoming acquainted with your own self,
can you gain the composure to write original music"

Michael Hedges ♫
Old 10-18-2004, 11:09 AM

Thanks Chad. Yes, I am in Peoria. I have been to Music Makers in Galesburg. That is where I bought my first Taylor (454ce).

Now I will not be afraid to swap out the tuners.

Regards,

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion