The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 06-27-2015, 06:39 AM

Default NGD Taylor 812 12 fret

Well I listened to all your recommendations about which Taylor 812 model to purchase and decided on the 812 12 fret no electronics or cutaway.

This is a very nice crafted guitar and looks much better up close than any of the pictures I've seen. Very good workmanship too.

But - it sounded really bad - had no sustain - several of the strings were just dead sounding. I didn't have but one day to play with it before having to leave town for a couple of days, so I put it back in the case and installed the 3 packs from the Two-way Humidification System before I left. When I came back I took it out of the case and was blown away by how great it sounded. It now sustains beautifully and all the strings are alive and the harmonics seem to ring on and on.

Thinking about it - the guitar set on a Fedex truck for 4 days in this near 100 degree temperature - not a good time of the year to purchase a guitar.

I have never experienced such a dramatic change due to lack of humidification, but now I know.
Old 06-27-2015, 07:20 AM

BillyHank,
This would be a good topic/situation to talk to Taylor about. They have great customers service. Give them a call. I'm glad it turned out well for you. I have a 14 fret GC, a BTO and I love it. The problem is, I've played this GC size bodies with the 12 fret neck and love them! I wish mine had a 12 fret neck. Enjoy the guitar!

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion