The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > PLAY and Write

Old 04-04-2018, 09:08 AM

Default Favorite Time/Place to Play?

We are all creatures of habit

On warm weekends, before the family wakes up, I enjoy playing on the back patio (usually the PS56ce) with a nice cup of strong coffee. If it's cold, I go in the basement so I don't wake anyone. It's 'me' time

Weekdays, I can sometimes get a little time to myself after work and before dinner starts. The acoustics are excellent in the den due to wood floors and very little furniture.

What about you?
Clyde - GAce Fall-LTD
It's a girl! - 254ce DLX

Guitars Front | Guitars Back
Old 04-04-2018, 12:52 PM

I've never been a morning person, even during my work career when my day began at 07:00, and I'm even less so, now that I've been retired almost 15 years...

And I always say, I'm not much out of the gate, but once I get rolling, I'm good for the Long Run...

Once I have lunch, I'll pretty much keep a guitar in my hands off and on till close to bedtime...my wife works, so I can play about anywhere in the house that strikes my fancy...

When warm weather is here, I really enjoy hitting the front porch swing with a cup of coffee and a guitar...if it's a quiet day in the neighborhood, I can spend a lot of time out there...
Old 04-04-2018, 04:01 PM

Down by the creek is definitely my favourite. We live on six acres, bounded by the Pumpenbil creek which runs strong all year. I've got a platform right on the creek bank with just enough room for a chair or two.

I get the delight of occasionally seeing a platypus while playing but mostly it's the serenity and escape from technology that I enjoy.

When I play at the house, it's easy to get distracted by the kettle (yet another cup of tea...), the internet, facebook, you name it. When I play for an hour or so in the house it's probably only 30 or 40 minutes of actual play time.

At the creek, it's all play time. And time just seems to flow down there. Life is good at the creek.
Old 04-04-2018, 05:54 PM

I love the mornings. I get up, make coffee, take care of the dogs, then grab a cup and my guitar. It is so nice and quiet and almost seems like my ears are fresh from sleeping.
I play softer, smoother stuff (at least initially) and it just sounds a little nicer in the quiet hours.
Great way to start the day.
Old 04-09-2018, 09:38 AM

Good topic... I am retired so I play whenever the mood strikes me. But, usually, I play every morning down in the basement “studio” first thing. It lasts as long as it needs to last, really. In better weather, I play on my dock and watch the loons go by, or the sun rise or set depending on my timing and mood. Often times I will jump in my boat, go to the midle of the lake and just float away and play guitar... can’t wait for summer, now! Retirement does have many perks. This one is my fav.

Last edited by Daniel Grenier; 04-09-2018 at 12:52 PM.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > PLAY and Write