The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber

Old 04-20-2018, 06:22 PM
Guest 928

I should apologize to all of you awaiting your Emerald guitars. And to those of you awaiting the April series of wonderments. As you know, I've let Alistair know that life is short and I should be put at the front of the line. So, eat your hearts out--I suspect my X10-OSN, thin-bodied, nylon strung, electric guitar should be on the way shortly. Your patience will be rewarded by pictures and maybe some video play. Thank you and you are welcome.
Old 04-20-2018, 06:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvanB View Post
I should apologize to all of you awaiting your Emerald guitars. And to those of you awaiting the April series of wonderments. As you know, I've let Alistair know that life is short and I should be put at the front of the line. So, eat your hearts out--I suspect my X10-OSN, thin-bodied, nylon strung, electric guitar should be on the way shortly. Your patience will be rewarded by pictures and maybe some video play. Thank you and you are welcome.
Quite the dreamer you be.
McPherson: Early Kevin Michael Proto
Some wood things by Epi, Harmony, Takamine, Good Time, PRS, Slick, Gypsy Music, keyboards, wind controllers.. etc
Old 04-20-2018, 06:57 PM
Charter Member

Well, we are 2/3 of the way into April, and no Select Series yet for this month.

Evan, is this your doing??
Old 04-20-2018, 07:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Jim View Post
Well, we are 2/3 of the way into April, and no Select Series yet for this month.

Evan, is this your doing??
Darn that Unc Evy... messing' with world events!
Some wood things by Epi, Harmony, Takamine, Good Time, PRS, Slick, Gypsy Music, keyboards, wind controllers.. etc
Old 04-21-2018, 12:32 PM
Guest 928

Wink

Captain; Could be, you know how Alistair likes new and exciting.

Nephew Kram, I do what I can.
Old 04-21-2018, 12:54 PM

Quote:
new and exciting.
We be talking nylon strings here?? Really??
Old 04-21-2018, 02:57 PM
Guest 928

Mr. K;

These are not your grandma's nylons. You really to need to catch up.
Old 04-22-2018, 01:52 PM
Charter Member

Evan, when did you order your new x10 nylon string?
Old 04-22-2018, 03:20 PM
Guest 928

Cecil;

I started pestering Alistair on April 11, I'm not sure exactly when he gave in. While I did let him know that I am getting up there in years, there is not any certainty to a fast make. While I'm waiting I'm entertaining myself by torturing others on their wait times.

Have you received your Emerald order? If not it's probably because Alistair is focusing on my guitar.
Old 04-22-2018, 04:21 PM

Quote:
Cecil;

I started pestering Alistair on April 11,
Any particular year?
Old 04-22-2018, 07:47 PM
Charter Member

I have not heard from Alistair since I sent him this video (from 8 years ago) last month:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4jL_VFVs5Ps

Maybe if I threaten to post more videos if he doesn't finish my guitar soon it will motivate him he will finish making my guitar quicker.....?

Best regards,
Tom
Old 04-22-2018, 11:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ceciltguitar View Post
I have not heard from Alistair since I sent him this video (from 8 years ago) last month:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4jL_VFVs5Ps

Maybe if I threaten to post more videos if he doesn't finish my guitar soon it will motivate him he will finish making my guitar quicker.....?

Best regards,
Tom

Prolly the Parker
Old 04-23-2018, 08:55 AM
Guest 928

I understand the impatience that goes with waiting for something desired. But somewhere along the line something changed in my makeup and I've come to appreciate anticipation.

There have been moments when I've wondered if an ordered Emerald would ever show up, but ultimately they have materialized and have been worth the wait. I think my patience is somewhat motivated by gratitude for being able to afford a custom-made instrument at a price I can afford.

The X10-OSN, thin-bodied, nylon string guitar will be my 5th Emerald order. While I joke about pressing Alistair for quick results, the truth is my anticipation remains steady and I know that one day I'll be receiving a new marvel from Ireland.
Old 04-23-2018, 04:21 PM

Quote:
something changed in my makeup .
Eye liner color?
Old 04-23-2018, 06:33 PM
Guest 928

Cecil;

So, I looked at your video and found it interesting. Is that you playing the CF guitar? I do agree with the one critic that there was a bit too much noodling during the vocals. But the instrumentation was nice--Alistair may not be threatened.

Mr.K;

Oh Nephew K! We must live in different worlds. I'm desert born, raised, and living--my face is what it is. I don't think eye liner would help a bit. But thanks for the thought. You are a sensitive guy.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber