The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > FOR SALE! > AGF Classifieds - Other

Closed Thread

Old 10-10-2020, 05:48 AM

Default Allen Amplification Chihuahua 10" 6V6/6L6 (SOLD)

Allen Amplification Chihuahua electric guitar amp. This is the version with the 10" speaker that can run a 6V6 tube at 6 watts or a 6L6 at 10 watts. Currently loaded with all JJ tubes & the power tube is a 6L6. Comes with the footswitch but you’ll need a guitar cable for it.

The amp is essentially brand new and built from an Allen Amplification kit in early 2020. Only imperfection is some compression of the faceplate around the jewel light. I checked with Allen and a replacement plate is available for $20 if you feel it needs changing. Everything works as it should and the amp is super quite at idle. I bought it from an experienced amp builder in Ohio that built it for his personal collection but ended up wanting a larger Allen with more headroom. It's a fantastic low watt fender style amp but an opportunity to buy an amp I've been after for a while has just presented itself so something has to go.

David Allen's amps are well-known in the amp building community as high-quality and great-sounding products. The Chihuahua is an incredible bedroom or recording amp and is Allen's take on a blackface Fender Champ™. As described on his site, the Chihuahua is "loosely based on the blackface Champ™ with AB763ish reverb added. Beefed up transformer set and power supply for use with 6V6/6L6 power tube and addition of a foot-switchable RAW control. Master volume control."

Another unique feature of this amp is that it is switchable between a 6V6 (6 watts) or 6L6 (10 watts) power tube. The amp currently has a 6L6 installed for the higher power configuration and is configured with a single 10" Eminence Copperhead 75 watt 8-ohm speaker. The RAW control is also switchable with the footswitch, go from blackface clean to tweed growl with a click of the switch.

Asking $1100 OBO PayPal'd & Shipped in CONUS. Or if you're in NJ you can bring your guitar and try it out in my garage (masks required). I can also meet within 30 minutes or so of zip code 07092. Can drop the rate a bit for a local deal since I won't have to ship or pay PayPal fees.

Link to Reverb ad for pictures:
https://rvrb.io/2020-chihuahua-8phyv9

Last edited by akhan; 10-11-2020 at 08:10 AM.
Closed Thread

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > FOR SALE! > AGF Classifieds - Other