The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > FOR SALE! > AGF Classifieds - Guitars

Closed Thread

Old 05-17-2019, 06:01 AM

Default SCGC H 14 Fret. Back on the blocks! SOLD.

SOLD shipped CONUS. I am reluctantly putting this one back on the market to justify a recent spending spree. I’ve gone back and forth on selling it.

An absolutely killer SCGC H model. Opened up in all its glory. Old growth Mahogany, hide glue, wood binding, addy top—the works. I’ve been on a spending spree and ended up with two luthier built guitars in the past couple of months. So I have to justify it by unloading this jewel. I’ve added a K&K pure mini that sounds great. The guitar has been played and has some nicks and dings to show for it. But it has been well cared for in a humidity controlled wall cabinet (48-50% rh)

The action is slinky low. It is the easiest playing guitar I have and It’s super versatile. If you are interested in a pretty special SCGC H this is screaming deal. Sorry but no trades.

Here’s the original Reverb listing. I reiterate that it is no longer in mint condition so if you are interested pm me your cell and I’ll text you all the detailed pics you can handle. Bought and sold a bunch here so references if needed. Thx.

https://reverb.com/item/1919371-sant...-2013-sunburst

IMG_3192.jpgIMG_3193.jpgIMG_3194.jpg

Last edited by ALBD; 05-19-2019 at 08:47 PM.
Old 05-18-2019, 08:59 AM
Charter Member

Aaargh! Another incredible SCGC beauty at a fantastic price but with a 1-11/16” nut -

I already have a H14 in EIR, and one koa/koa, and they are really great guitars - the size is perfect, and the EIR/sitka is a great combo, and all koa is wonderful. But I have to believe the mahogany/adi is truly outstanding -

GLWS!!!
Old 05-18-2019, 08:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tadol View Post
Aaargh! Another incredible SCGC beauty at a fantastic price but with a 1-11/16” nut -

I already have a H14 in EIR, and one koa/koa, and they are really great guitars - the size is perfect, and the EIR/sitka is a great combo, and all koa is wonderful. But I have to believe the mahogany/adi is truly outstanding -

GLWS!!!
Appreciate that! I had a RW one and it was pretty sweet too. This ones a little grittier and thumpier but with that SCGS sparkle and sustain....if that make sense!
Old 05-20-2019, 06:48 AM
Charter Member

Default fantastic guitar

I bought one about 8 years ago; it was my first Santa Cruz guitar. It's got plenty of volume especially considering its size. It's also easier to hold & play; not hard to wrap your arm around the lower bout. They've appreciated in price over the years and if you play one, you can understand why. I see it's sold; congrats to the new owner.

Teacher/mentor - Richard Gilewitz

Schenk Grand Fingerstyle (Gilewitz Signature) 12 String
Beneteau OMC -13
Simon Fay OM
Schenk Grand Fingerstyle (Gilewitz Signature) 6 String
Closed Thread

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > FOR SALE! > AGF Classifieds - Guitars