The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Show and Tell

Old 05-02-2006, 01:36 PM
Charter Member

Default pop screen

are pop screens basically the same? i'm trying to get going on some recording. i have an mxl 990 mic and the TASCAM US-122 USB Audio/MIDI Interface. whats a decent pop screen while staying cheap of course. don't know much about recording. all i had until now was a cheap little plastic mic and i hung a piece of tee shirt over it for a screen. it actually cut out the hissing and pop pop pop.
Old 05-02-2006, 03:03 PM
Qui Plantavit Curabit

Cool Pop screen

Yeah, a screen is a screen is a screen. If you really want to go cheap and aren't afraid of somebody seeing it and accusing you of dumpster-diving, a section of the wife's panty-hose secured over a frame fashioned from a coat hanger works great . . . or so I've heard . . . .

(I actually used that for a while and finally broke down and bought a regular pop screen, 'cause pictures in the studio just didn't look the same . . . )
Old 05-02-2006, 03:12 PM

Hey Bob, Funny you and I are always on the same page. I just bought 2 from GC yesterday. Doing some recording in the basement studio and the P's and S's were killing me. $ 14.00 ea. The only thing I didnt like was the fact you cant clip them to the stand or mic you are singing into. I had to put up a second stand just for the pop screen. Works though...... You would think that the people making these things would make the flexable part just a bit more flexable so you could put in on the same stand as the mic.... Must be a government conspiracy... Good luck
Old 05-02-2006, 03:32 PM

i use dryer sheets and a coathanger.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Show and Tell