The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber

Old 09-23-2018, 03:14 PM
Anticipation Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by kramster View Post
Ends with not an "L".
Eh?????
Old 09-23-2018, 03:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acousticado View Post
Eh?????
close...well not really... but sounds close
McPherson: Early Kevin Michael Proto
Some wood things by Epi, Harmony, Takamine, Good Time, PRS, Slick, Gypsy Music, keyboards, wind controllers.. etc
Old 09-23-2018, 03:44 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonfields45 View Post
se·crete1
səˈkrēt/Submit
verb
(of a cell, gland, or organ) produce and discharge (a substance).
"insulin is secreted in response to rising levels of glucose in the blood"
synonyms: produce, discharge, emit, excrete, release, send out
"a substance secreted by the prostate gland"

I suppose there are more than a few things about Alistair I don't need to know...
Jon, you little rascal you!
Ovation Custom Legend LX
Guild F-212XL STD
Huss & Dalton TD-R
Taylor 717e
Taylor 618e
Taylor 614ce
Larrivee D-50M/HiFi
Larrivee D-40R Blue Grass Special/HiFi
Larrivee D-40R Sunburst
Larrivee C-03R TE/Trance M-VT Phantom
RainSong BI-DR1000N2
Emerald X20
Yamaha FGX5
Republic Duolian/Schatten NR-2
Old 09-23-2018, 05:16 PM
Charter Member

"Did I forget anyone?"

Gibson
Fender
Taylor
Yamaha
Takamine
Ovation
Martin
Cordoba
etc.

All fine guitars, but not known for doing custom work at a reasonable price for a hefty percentage of their business.
Old 09-23-2018, 05:57 PM
Guest 928

Spruce;

Jon is more than a little troublemaker. Knows the words and how they are spelled. I think he's dangerous. Has me on my toes and thumbing through Webster's. Got to be careful around here. Don't want to taint the message.
Old 09-24-2018, 09:23 AM
Charter Member

A preview - this morning, I got some photos that Kevin shot with his phone (not the professional images Emerald includes with the guitar)...

NOW, I am getting excited! We should be home in a few days, so I'll have an address where they can send it.

I am liking the Crystal Ice on the back and sides.
Old 09-24-2018, 11:30 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Jim View Post
A preview - this morning, I got some photos that Kevin shot with his phone (not the professional images Emerald includes with the guitar)...

NOW, I am getting excited! We should be home in a few days, so I'll have an address where they can send it.

It looks beautiful Jim, I look forward to hearing how you like it.
Taylor Custom Grand Concert Master Grade koa, Taylor K22ce 12-fret AA koa, Emerald X7 "Kauai" (custom painted artwork), Grimes Hapa nylon, Benedetto Andy, Kanile'a GL6 Guitalele, Moore Bettah and KoAloha custom ukuleles, Rob Allen Mouse koa bass
Old 09-24-2018, 11:51 AM
Guest 928

I'm with Wicked, looking forward to some sound. The guitar is beautiful, well worth the wait.
Old 09-24-2018, 02:47 PM

Beautacious right there... which acoustic pick up is in that one?
Some wood things by Epi, Harmony, Takamine, Good Time, PRS, Slick, Gypsy Music, keyboards, wind controllers.. etc
Old 09-24-2018, 03:09 PM

Very nice, Jim. The crystal ice is a good option for the body. I hope you can bear up under the remaining wait until you get home. Looking forward to your NGD and report - and pictures of Rufus with the X10. It needs his paw print of approval too.....
Old 09-24-2018, 03:43 PM
Anticipation Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Jim View Post
Very nice Jim. I took possession of my X20 this past May. I had ordered it in black, but with the vertically aligned weave like the June Select series. I also opted for the crystal ice b&s finish and I have to say that I very much like it. It’s a no fuss, no muss finish...reminds me a bit of the overall finish of my CA Cargo with the “road tough” finish (not offered since Peavey took over) which is very durable.
Old 09-24-2018, 05:27 PM
Charter Member

Thanks, folks. The wait has actually been pretty easy, since we were out playing most of the summer, in the beautiful Black Hills. I had planned "just in case" with my favorite red strap and the Bose S1, in case the guitar had been ready while we were in one place.

I was quite taken with Evan's X10 in red. I went back and forth regarding a veneer... I likely would have gone for the padauk, but after seeing that first one and contacting Emerald, I found out my guitar was already in production. For my use, I think the Crystal Ice will be a good way to go. To answer Kramster's question about the pickup, it is the level 2, with the acoustic and humbucking pickups.

With the guitar being shipped on Friday, I will be surprised if it arrives as fast as the X7 did: in four days! We'll see how that plays out. In the meantime, I'll have plenty of "moving back into the house" to keep me occupied for a while.

Joan has already asked what guitars will go on the wall in the guitar room.

We are both ready to be home for a while. Rufus just wants to be where we are. After seeing these photos today, I am drooling just a bit... in keeping OT with this thread, not sure if that is a secret(e).
Old 09-24-2018, 06:16 PM

Why did you decide to go with the crystal ice finish?
Old 09-24-2018, 07:11 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuttyprof View Post
Why did you decide to go with the crystal ice finish?
Both the gloss and the Crystal Ice are nice - my X7 is an Opus, so has the CI back & sides. My X20 is all gloss; it has that louro preto veneer, so there is nice separation between the sides and top. While I haven't had any issue with the gloss scratching on either of my Emeralds, the X7 has traveled a LOT more miles with us compared to the X20. The X7 still looks brand new.

So, between wanting some visual separation and appreciating the utility of the Crystal Ice... that made my decision for me. Had I been able to add the padauk veneer, I would have gone with all gloss.

This is pretty much aesthetics - the real test of this guitar is going to be the sound. And that will have to wait until it shows up and I can get some time with it.
Old 09-24-2018, 08:08 PM

I was wondering which pick up is used for the acoustic part...Ill see if I can find it... if it is the 6 separate lil guys like in Level 3?

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber