The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Show and Tell

Old 09-01-2007, 06:47 PM

Smile Ride Of Your Life (an original)

I wrote this song a while back and felt like re-recording it with my Digitech Vx400 Vocal Effects Processor.

I used a little room reverb, a little compression, and a very slight delay. I am playing my Breedlove AD25/SR PLUS.

I think this would be a good song to maybe put some lead guitar in the middle some where, but anyway... I hope you enjoy it...

http://home.comcast.net/~bcalvanese/..._your_life.mp3

My 16 year old daughter loves it...
Old 09-01-2007, 07:31 PM
Charter Member

That is good. If you do the middle part with a longer non vocal section I have an idea for a lead.

I read your comment on mySpace about doing the open mic thing. I've never even played in front of more than 2 people in my life. I'm afraid I would really mess it up - stage fright and all. My wife said we should do it. I don't even remember the chords to "A Place In Time", though, LOL. I'm going to start bringing my guitar over to my daughters house (5 houses down the street) and start playing in front of more people. If you want maybe next summer we can give it a shot.

Youtube! Please subscribe!

My SoundCloud page

Avalon L-320C, Guild D-120, Martin D-16GT, McIlroy A20, Pellerin SJ CW

Cordobas - C5, Fusion 12 Orchestra, C12, Stage Traditional

Alvarez AP66SB, Seagull Folk

Aria {Johann Logy}:

Last edited by TBman; 09-01-2007 at 07:40 PM.
Old 09-02-2007, 12:31 AM

Gotta do those open mics, Barry--you never know what'll happen. Tonight we had someone playing Chuck Berry and obscure Troggs and Bobby Fuller covers (no, not the ones you think!) on mandolin, and just as we were about to pack it in a couple of guys came in and requested to jam unplugged. Imagine four guitars, three different dulcimers, mandolin, and piano...and at least five voices! They're called "open" mics for a reason--and up in Madison they've got to be the openest I've ever seen.

http://www.sandyandina.com

-------------------------
Gramann Rapahannock, 7 Taylors, 4 Martins, 2 Gibsons, 2 V-A, Larrivee Parlour, Gretsch Way Out West, Fender P-J Bass & Mustang, Danelectro U2, Peavey fretless bass, 8 dulcimers, 2 autoharps, 2 banjos, 2 mandolins, 3 ukes

I cried because I had no shoes.....but then I realized I won’t get blisters.
Old 09-02-2007, 07:25 AM
Charter Member

Three cheers for Madison!!
Brent (from Madison) ; )
Old 09-02-2007, 07:45 AM

another good one Bob, that voice processor you bought really adds a lot to your performances...........and I agree with you about a lead guitar part in the middle..........................
Old 09-02-2007, 12:59 PM

Cool

Bob,

I really enjoyed that song...! There's a lot that could be added to that groove, to fill in, or enhance the tension it conveys...I'm no songwriter, but this one has me on the verge of inspiration...thanks!!

Taylor 150E
Taylor Limited Edition 326ce 8-string baritone
Various other instruments

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Show and Tell