The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 08-25-2019, 08:36 PM

Default help-helicon play acoustic setup

i've had my play acoustic for a while and use it once in a while with the band. would like to use it more but don't have it set up perfect. it seems the more i tinker the worse things get. i'm not a tech type guy and getting to old for this. to be honest it has me flustered. the more video's i watch the more confused i get.
if there is someone close by who uses and is fluent with play acoustic i would come to you and pay you to set it up for me. it's either this, or just getting rid of it. oh- i'm in northern ohio between cleveland and toledo.
Old 08-26-2019, 03:29 PM

You're a little farther west than I usually make it, and my busy season is in full swing (back to work, was off all summer).

What aspect of the setup are you having difficulty with? Vocals, guitar effects, global things like output, input levels?

Have you installed the latest firmware (operating system) from TC?

I'm near Warren, Oh, by the way.
Old 09-16-2019, 09:36 AM

I can understand completely. The Play Acoustic does so much and is incredibly deep, but that also means complicated for the user. The TC Helicon Perform VG does a lot of the same things but is much simpler and easier to use. Maybe check it out?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwilken View Post
i've had my play acoustic for a while and use it once in a while with the band. would like to use it more but don't have it set up perfect. it seems the more i tinker the worse things get. i'm not a tech type guy and getting to old for this. to be honest it has me flustered. the more video's i watch the more confused i get.
if there is someone close by who uses and is fluent with play acoustic i would come to you and pay you to set it up for me. it's either this, or just getting rid of it. oh- i'm in northern ohio between cleveland and toledo.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification