The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Events and New Releases

Old 09-01-2021, 05:40 PM
Charter Member

Default Alternate tunings course announced today via PegHeadNation

taught by Doug Young(has been a contributor here for many years).

NFI, just received an email regarding the new course, thought someone here might enjoy and benefit from it. Doug also has a book on DADGAD that is very extensive with info and instruction, many of us old timers here who play alternate tunings probably have a copy.

have fun
https://www.pegheadnation.com/string...1f0527a684fb5d

and a sample class featuring the tune "Blind Mary"
https://www.pegheadnation.com/string...d-mary-part-2/
Old 09-01-2021, 08:36 PM

That looks fun! How do those classes work? Is it access to a curated set of videos for a month?
Old 09-02-2021, 09:17 AM
Charter Member

Location: North of the Golden Gate, South of the Redwoods, East of the Pacific and West of the Sierras

I have taken some online classes with Doug in the past - he is a great teacher as well as a wonderful arranger and player. I am going to seriously consider taking this class. I just have to see if I can create some bandwidth in my schedule. While I play my guitar more for accompanying my singing than playing or composing instrumentals, Doug gives the information in ways that you can apply it to your own situation and style.

Best,
Jayne
Old 09-03-2021, 10:16 PM

Thanks for posting about this! We're very excited about Doug's new course, and having been in the studio to shoot the lessons with him, I can say that he's got a solid handle on the material (full disclosure: I'm one of the co-founders of Peghead Nation, and Doug and I also play in a duo).

Peghead Nation nation courses work on a monthly or annual subscription model, as long as you're signed up, you have unlimited access to the streaming video lessons within that course. There's a great batch of lessons in the course to get things started, and we'll be adding a new lessons every month for the foreseeable future. In Doug's case, the lessons also include downloadable PDFs of the music, and often MP3 Play-Along Tracks. Anyone curious about the course can check it out for free for the first month by using the promo code DougLand at checkout after registering.

Best,

Teja Gerken
www.tejagerken.com
www.pegheadnation.com

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Events and New Releases