The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Open Mic

Old 09-25-2021, 01:05 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjh42 View Post
I have to go car shopping today, maybe I'll get a game in this evening.

Good luck with your car shopping.

I’m surprised at how inconsistently the targeting rule is enforced. In some games it’s seems to be vigorously enforced and in other games it’s as if the rule doesn’t apply. I wonder if it is conference specific.
Old 09-26-2021, 05:17 AM

Clemson upset by NC State. That must have been a thrilling OT/2OT. 2 losses already for Clemson. That will most likely put them out of contention for the final 4 come season end.

Ohio State finally put some big points on the board even with a backup QB.
Old 09-26-2021, 06:50 AM
Charter Member

…the Oregon/Arizona game was a tough watch…..although Oregon won handily in the end…they did not in any way look like a #3 team….they struggled mightily against a PAC 12 team that had lost 15 consecutive games coming into the matchup…..and that team was one score behind the Ducks going into the 4th quarter….
Old 09-26-2021, 08:13 AM
Charter Member

Sad to see K'Vaughan Pope come unglued and quit Ohio State during the game. Not sure I've ever seen that before.
Old 09-26-2021, 09:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerbie View Post
Sad to see K'Vaughan Pope come unglued and quit Ohio State during the game. Not sure I've ever seen that before.
Pope tweeted something very nasty against Ohio State and then deleted it.
Old 09-26-2021, 10:31 AM
AGF Sponsor

USC lost to lowly Oregon State yesterday; the program has clearly imploded. They have a tough slog ahead of them this year. For damage control, specifically as concerns recruting, they will want to land as big a name as possible, as soon as possible.

I hope Oregon can keep it together this season, and represent the Pac-12 in the playoffs.

sm
Old 09-27-2021, 07:12 AM
Charter Member

Auburn required late game heroics to beat Ga St? Perhaps it’s just early in the season but many programs seem to be struggling to maintain their normal level of competitiveness.

At this point in the season it’s beginning to look as if Georgia and Alabama could wind up in the National Championship game. I’m thinking neither the TV advertisers or the national fan base are thrilled at that prospect.
Old 09-27-2021, 09:54 AM
AGF Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRose View Post
Auburn required late game heroics to beat Ga St? Perhaps it’s just early in the season but many programs seem to be struggling to maintain their normal level of competitiveness.

At this point in the season it’s beginning to look as if Georgia and Alabama could wind up in the National Championship game. I’m thinking neither the TV advertisers or the national fan base are thrilled at that prospect.
Agreed. Both small-market teams.

sm
Old 09-27-2021, 03:00 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charmed Life Picks View Post
Agreed. Both small-market teams.

sm

I hadn’t thought specifically about market size per se. But that’s a legitimate point.
Athens,Ga is not quite an hour outside of Atlanta- which is a large enough market to support professional sports. It’s certainly not NY or Ca big but it’s substantial. Both universities’ fan base travel well and will fill a stadium. So there’s that.
I was thinking more of the SEC fatigue the national fan base has and the potential for low viewership because of it. But I could be wrong.
Old 09-30-2021, 02:53 PM
Charter Member

Default Saturday, Oct 2nd

Arkansas at Georgia
Ole Miss at Alabama
Auburn at LSU
Old 09-30-2021, 03:03 PM
Charter Member

Default College Football 2021

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerbie View Post
Arkansas at Georgia

Ole Miss at Alabama

Auburn at LSU
Those are big games.
The following games involve at least one undefeated team facing potentially strong competition:

Michigan vs Wisconsin
Notre Dame vs Cincinnati
Kentucky vs Florida
Boston College vs Clemson
Baylor vs Oklahoma state
Maryland vs Iowa

Last edited by TRose; 09-30-2021 at 04:50 PM.
Old 10-02-2021, 06:24 AM

Well the Iowa Hawkeyes did it again! Hadn't followed Maryland any this season so not sure how good they are, but Iowa took everything away from them. 7 turnovers, all but one resulted in a score (and that was because the 5th turnover was when there was like 2 seconds left in the first half). At least the offense got involved in this game. I think that Maryland's star receiver getting hurt early was factor too, and the penalties that MD had hurt them a lot as well. Iowa Defense was spectacular...can't say enough about them.
Old 10-02-2021, 08:26 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by icuker View Post
Well the Iowa Hawkeyes did it again! Hadn't followed Maryland any this season so not sure how good they are, but Iowa took everything away from them. 7 turnovers, all but one resulted in a score (and that was because the 5th turnover was when there was like 2 seconds left in the first half). At least the offense got involved in this game. I think that Maryland's star receiver getting hurt early was factor too, and the penalties that MD had hurt them a lot as well. Iowa Defense was spectacular...can't say enough about them.

Maryland was undefeated.
Iowa looked very good and Maryland obviously wasn’t up to it.
I can’t wait to see Iowa play Penn St.
Old 10-02-2021, 08:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by icuker View Post
#5 Iowa does it again.

Let's Go Notre Dame against Cincinnati, two Top 10 teams. Some great matchups this week-end.
Old 10-02-2021, 11:41 AM
Charter Member

Georgia's leading Arkansas 24-0 at the half. I expected Georgia to win, but I thought it might be a good game. Oh well... that's what I get for thinking.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Open Mic