The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 02-28-2018, 09:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tadol View Post
Love my G10 - use it almost exclusively with acoustics with various pickups, seeing as I only have 1 electric. But it works with that one too!
Did you have any issues with active electronics? I know this was a problem with the G10 and Line 6 acknowledged it. There's a way around it though with an adapter. It doesn't seem to impact all active electronics though. Also, are you still using the included power adapter set up? If so, how is it holding up? I am always afraid of getting the G10 because that part looks like it could break easily.
Old 02-28-2018, 09:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petty1818 View Post
I read numerous complaints about the battery door on the G30 breaking. Seems to be the one very cheap part of the design. That's the only thing I dislike about Line 6 products, even the G10 has a terrible design for charging.

You are correct about the battery door being the weak point of the transmitter. I have two transmitters and haven’t had any problems because they are always in a pouch which “holds” the door closed. If you use the belt clip the door might become a problem.
Emerald X20
Rainsong H-OM1000N2
Voyage-Air VAD-04
Custom Les Paul
Hot Rod Deville 410, Fishman Loudbox Performer
Old 02-28-2018, 10:26 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petty1818 View Post
Did you have any issues with active electronics? I know this was a problem with the G10 and Line 6 acknowledged it. There's a way around it though with an adapter. It doesn't seem to impact all active electronics though. Also, are you still using the included power adapter set up? If so, how is it holding up? I am always afraid of getting the G10 because that part looks like it could break easily.
Yes - one guitar needs an adaptor to work - Its inexpensive, and I could probably rewire the jack in the guitar to reverse the polarity (or some such thing) to fix it, but essentially too lazy. The included power adaptor is a pain, but I am using it. Its just a USB device, and it would be a great option to have it powered by phantom instead. Or maybe more amps could have USB convenience outlets. The usb plugin on the G10 base unit is essentially junk, and I have given serious thought to just epoxying the cable in there, but haven’t yet (see excuse above). But even with that one weakness, the rest of the unit works great. I have ordered a Li-ion battery pack that has USB 5v output for the G10, 9v output for a tuner pedal, and a 12v output for a harmony pedal. We’ll see if I can get the whole rig wireless - but then I’d probably want a wireless mic, too!
Old 02-28-2018, 10:32 PM
Charter Member

It requires an adapter to work with some active pickups, it can suffer from interference with some active pickups. I feel there is a reduction in the high end unlike other wireless units. YMMV!
Old 02-28-2018, 11:49 PM

I’ve been gigging with the G10 with my acoustics and electric for over a year now and have experienced no problems with sound. It works fine with my Japanese Takamine with factory pickup, Martin with Seymour Duncan MagMic, mandolin with Headway pickup and Jap Strat. Due to wiring issues it does not work with my Godin Multiac. I have an adaptor but find this annoying as it takes away the silent pull out function. My biggest complaint is build quality. I returned the first two I bought as the mini USB power in socket broke on both of them! On the first it fell into the receiver unit and on the second it came out with the lead! Line 6 really need to address this issue as it really lets down an otherwise excellent product, in my opinion. I use the jack output into my acoustic pedal board and then output through a line switcher to my mixing desk or into my electric pedal board and then into my Hughes and Kettner Tube Amp which then DIs to the mixer. I’ve tried various combinations of pedals but my current set up gives me the sound that my ears like to hear!
Old 03-01-2018, 08:29 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoff@UK View Post
I’ve been gigging with the G10 with my acoustics and electric for over a year now and have experienced no problems with sound. It works fine with my Japanese Takamine with factory pickup, Martin with Seymour Duncan MagMic, mandolin with Headway pickup and Jap Strat. Due to wiring issues it does not work with my Godin Multiac. I have an adaptor but find this annoying as it takes away the silent pull out function. My biggest complaint is build quality. I returned the first two I bought as the mini USB power in socket broke on both of them! On the first it fell into the receiver unit and on the second it came out with the lead! Line 6 really need to address this issue as it really lets down an otherwise excellent product, in my opinion. I use the jack output into my acoustic pedal board and then output through a line switcher to my mixing desk or into my electric pedal board and then into my Hughes and Kettner Tube Amp which then DIs to the mixer. I’ve tried various combinations of pedals but my current set up gives me the sound that my ears like to hear!
In your experience do you think this will work with my Lr Baggs anthem SL ?
2017 Taylor 714ce
Old 03-01-2018, 10:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tadol View Post
Yes - one guitar needs an adaptor to work - Its inexpensive, and I could probably rewire the jack in the guitar to reverse the polarity (or some such thing) to fix it, but essentially too lazy. The included power adaptor is a pain, but I am using it. Its just a USB device, and it would be a great option to have it powered by phantom instead. Or maybe more amps could have USB convenience outlets. The usb plugin on the G10 base unit is essentially junk, and I have given serious thought to just epoxying the cable in there, but haven’t yet (see excuse above). But even with that one weakness, the rest of the unit works great. I have ordered a Li-ion battery pack that has USB 5v output for the G10, 9v output for a tuner pedal, and a 12v output for a harmony pedal. We’ll see if I can get the whole rig wireless - but then I’d probably want a wireless mic, too!
Thanks! I did try the Xvive U2 and had disappointing results. I actually tried two to see if it was just a faulty unit. It seems to get great reviews but for me I only had interference issues.
Old 03-01-2018, 10:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjbelsch View Post
Does anyone use this system with a acoustic guitar with a after market pickup like LR baggs?
I use the G10, it's great, I have two. The newer one's come with a 90 degree Hosa adapter so that it makes the proper ground contact on some input jacks. Mine would not work with my LR Baggs Anthem without the adapter. The transmitter is built like a tank, the weakest link in the design is that the power connection is by mini USB which can be somewhat fragile...

Using one of these adapters will solve the contact problem:

Hosa GPP-151 1/4 inch TS to 1/4 inch TS Right-Angle Adaptor.

I also use mine with the Helix floor, although I plug the receiver into the guitar input.
Old 03-01-2018, 11:34 AM

It worked with an LR Baggs Element but I haven’t tried it with an anthem - might be worth emailing LR Baggs / Line 6 to ask their advice.
Old 03-03-2018, 04:39 PM

Quote:

It worked with an LR Baggs Element but I haven’t tried it with an anthem - might be worth emailing LR Baggs / Line 6 to ask their advice.
Old 03-03-2018, 05:57 PM
Charter Member

It will if you use the included adapter
Old 03-11-2020, 04:22 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
I have 2 Larrivee Guitars. My L-03 has a K&K and it works fine with the G10. On the OM-40 with an Anthem pickup (not the SL) I need to use the adapter that came with the unit. As mentioned you do lose the effortless unplug capability

I am mostly just using the transmitter only as I recently acquired a Yamaha THR10 11 Wireless amp and I'm having a blast with it. It has internal support for the G10 transmitter. You load up the phone app and can control different sound profiles and effects. I would have bought the transmitter only if I could have found one. There has been a recall and they are not readily available.
2020 Larrivee SD-40
2020 Larrivee LV-03
2015 Eastman AR372 Natural
2011 Fender Thinline Telecaster
(=O=}====:::

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification