The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 06-21-2021, 05:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogerblair View Post
Hog = Mahogany.

Congratulations on your trigger pulling for the OM28. Mine is one of the best guitars I’ve ever owned (lots of guitars have come and gone).
Rb
Thanks, that would had stumped me. I had enough trouble figuring EIR.
Taylor 562CE
Taylor 214CE DLX
Amalio Burguet Vanessa
Fender Player Stratocaster HSS Plus
Timberline T60HGpc
Kolaloha KTM-000 with MiSi
SunnAudio MS-2
Digital Piano Yamaha P515
Grand Piano Yamaha C3
DPA 4488
Old 06-21-2021, 05:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rad View Post
The OP is doing great! After one year of playing I was still struggling with barre chords playing my entry level Yamaha acoustic
I need to blame Covid for all of this. I was looking for something to do when it hit, so I decided to try out the guitar. I started off slow with a Epiphone Masterbilt and made in Mexico Fender Electric 4/20. Traded the Epiphone while on a RV trip at Music Villa on the Taylor purchase 9/20. 2/21 I bought the HD28.

I figure at my age, 65, who knows how long I'll be able to play, so might as well as enjoy the hobby. About a year later I've taken a bunch of classes including fingerpicking, blues, classical, music theory and had one on one instructors which I'm continuing to do. I started off on Justinguitar.com website which has a great series of beginner lessons. Practicing 2-3 times a day really help accelerate the learning process. I also have learned so much from AGF.

Played my first open mic with some others 5 months into my journey and then the next month I did an open mic solo. Got keep in mind it's the journey that's important.

Nice thing is guitars tend to hold their value.
Taylor 562CE
Taylor 214CE DLX
Amalio Burguet Vanessa
Timberline T60HGpc
SunnAudio MS-2
Grand Piano Yamaha C3
DPA 4488
Old 06-21-2021, 05:40 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbirdman View Post
I need to blame Covid for all of this. I was looking for something to do when it hit, so I decided to try out the guitar. I started off slow with a Epiphone Masterbilt and made in Mexico Fender Electric 4/20. Traded the Epiphone while on a RV trip at Music Villa on the Taylor purchase 9/20. 2/21 I bought the HD28.

I figure at my age, 65, who knows how long I'll be able to play, so might as well as enjoy the hobby. About a year later I've taken a bunch of classes including fingerpicking, blues, classical, music theory and had one on one instructors which I'm continuing to do. I started off on Justinguitar.com website which has a great series of beginner lessons. Practicing 2-3 times a day really help accelerate the learning process. I also have learned so much from AGF.

Played my first open mic with some others 5 months into my journey and then the next month I did an open mic solo. Got keep in mind it's the journey that's important.

Nice thing is guitars tend to hold their value.
Well done, congratulations
Old 06-21-2021, 06:13 PM
Charter Member

I think it makes better sense to have a HD28VS, HD28, OM28, 00028, 0028, and 028. However, adding a 000028 would be overkill at best or ridiculously redundant at worst.
Old 06-21-2021, 07:09 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zissou Intern View Post
I think it makes better sense to have a HD28VS, HD28, OM28, 00028, 0028, and 028. However, adding a 000028 would be overkill at best or ridiculously redundant at worst.
But if you have the 0000-28, you wouldn't need the others.
Old 06-21-2021, 07:56 PM

Id say those two models compliment each other well -
and are very different - nice choice !
Old 06-21-2021, 08:07 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdinaz View Post
You realize you're asking a bunch of guitar nuts that love guitars if you should buy another guitar right? Start shopping !
I laughed at the above. I think the OP knows EXACTLY whom he's asking...guaranteed to get support!!! Seriously, it wouldn't be a redundant addition to me either as those two guitars are different enough. One thing I might consider (if it were me) is to consider an 000 instead of an OM. Same body, just shorter scale, for one point of differentiation/experience...but your call of course.
Old 06-21-2021, 08:27 PM

Does it make sense to own both a Martin HD28 and OM28

Nope. It sure don't. Don't make a lick o' sense no ways no how.
Old 06-22-2021, 08:52 AM

You could mix it up a bit and get an OM-18 or some 000 or 00 variant.
Old 06-22-2021, 09:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmel555 View Post
I laughed at the above. I think the OP knows EXACTLY whom he's asking...guaranteed to get support!!! Seriously, it wouldn't be a redundant addition to me either as those two guitars are different enough. One thing I might consider (if it were me) is to consider an 000 instead of an OM. Same body, just shorter scale, for one point of differentiation/experience...but your call of course.
So many guitars, not enough time Who knows, an 000 may be in my future. An 000 sounds interesting and who knows. It looks like an 00028 would be even more different than the HD28 than the OM28.

LOL Anyway I'm surprised as I placed the order on Sunday and tracking number says it will be here Thursday. I was surprised as Sweetwater said from them it would be an August delivery. Their discount wasn't all that great compared to my HD28 I bought from them. They mentioned the usual shortage of supply and prices going up spiel which I can appreciate. I tried MF. Got a significant discount close to what I paid for the HD28 plus the 8% rewards, and they told me stock. I didn't believe it was stock but I figured I was in no rush and got a decent covid price. Surprise, surprise surprise.
Taylor 562CE
Taylor 214CE DLX
Amalio Burguet Vanessa
Timberline T60HGpc
SunnAudio MS-2
Grand Piano Yamaha C3
DPA 4488
Old 06-24-2021, 07:31 PM

Received the OM28 today from MF. Fast delivery with order placed Sunday. Feels.much smaller than the HD28 I've been playing.
Taylor 562CE
Taylor 214CE DLX
Amalio Burguet Vanessa
Timberline T60HGpc
SunnAudio MS-2
Grand Piano Yamaha C3
DPA 4488

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion